By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did you buy your PS3 for Blu Ray, Games, or both?

Games. Don't care about blu-ray.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
@ thors1982

wtf dude? dont let people pressure you into buying things!

LOL  :-p I know

Well I am HUGE into home theater... so I have been really dieing to get Blu-Ray(Since the war ended) and PS3 is probably the best Blu-Ray player out there right now. So its not as bad as it may sound.

@ Dogs Rule

Thanks, My old roomate has both of those so I may borrow them.  I still dont' think uncharted is my type of game.. I watched him play a lot of it. (its gorgeous don't get me wrong). I just don't think I would have fun with it.  

I got it for the games, but I do have one BD movie. I plan on getting more in the future because, I mean, heck, I've got it, I might as well use it..... It's multimedia capabilities are awesome too.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Bought my PS3 solely for games, a Bluray has never touched it on the inside. (yes I worded that dirty....what of it?)

bought it for games, blu ray is an added bonus.

Around the Network

I bought it for games. Bluray movies were an afterthought for me.

I got mine for games, I did get 15 free blu-rays when I got it (store had a special one day only deal) but I have never played one of them in the ps3.

I bought it for the games and because the PS2 was the only console I had ever boughten that didn't give me buyer's remorse. I am still glad I stuck with the PS3 rather than the Wii or 360.

I really use it as a Blu-Ray player a lot though, as I have over 40 Blu-Ray movies (I love movies and have almost 350 regular DVD's). The Blu-Ray player was a really big cantrip for me.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The results will obviously be biased.. Propose this question in a blu-ray forum and the results would be pretty much the inverse of the results here.

I'm planning on purchasing a ps3 for the blu-ray player, but my brothers want it for the games. I have two friends that own a ps3, and one initially bought it for gaming but has now established a collection of blu-Ray movies ( around 30 movies and 5 games). The other one also bought it for games, but hasn't touched it much after owning it for approximately 2 weeks.

For both really, kind of 65% games and 35% media (including BR).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...