By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did you buy your PS3 for Blu Ray, Games, or both?

Bought it for the games...Blu-Ray is a nice bonus.

Around the Network

i heard that a survey was taken among ps3, xbox 360, and wii owners, and 60% of ps3 owners had a HDTV.

I bought my ps3 for games.

Blu-Ray, but more accurately, 720/1080p video playback in general.

I've only bought one retail game in the past year, but the same held true for PS2 for me in it's first year or so. That definitely changed!!!

I bought it for both, love it for both

only for games and media streaming. i don't care about blu-ray movies.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Originally I thought it would be mostly for games, but the first time I saw a BluRay movie on my HDTV (the remastered version of "The Road Warrior") knocked my socks off. Surprisingly, I've also begun to use the PS3's multimedia capacities way more than I ever thought I would. It's funny how stuff we think we don't need suddenly turns into a necessity.

Right now, my PS3 time-budget is 40% games, 40% BluRay movies, 10% DVD movies and 10% other media (trailers, MP3s, photos, etc).

games and only games

but i ordered the 5 free blu ray movies just because there free prob gunna go to bestbuy and say i got them as a gift and i dont have recipept and get cash for them

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

both aswell.
40%? not even including the standalones?
If he is right, Blu-ray is well on it's way to become mainstream then. moreso than I expected.

@SlorgNet
I love turning on photoalbum with pictures from my family and friend vacations
with good mellow music playing in the background.
It's quite a nostalgic and relaxing experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

games

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Torillian said:
Bought my PS3 solely for games, a Bluray has never touched it on the inside. (yes I worded that dirty....what of it?)

Well, all ps3 games come on Blu-Ray discs, so... :P