By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did you buy your PS3 for Blu Ray, Games, or both?

@ thors1982

wtf dude? dont let people pressure you into buying things!

Around the Network

Um I think bodhestava means that is how much of each thing he bought the ps3 for himself not the overall market.

Games, though once I got my HDTV, i was quite happy to have the best Blu-Ray player on the market. :D

i bought it first for games,and second reason for blu-ray

I bougt it for the games, but when i get around to buying a HDTV i will use it for Blu-ray movies.

Around the Network

I bought it so I could clean it constantly. So shiny. Rocketpig like shiny.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

CaptainPrefrences said:
madskillz was just saying that 40 percent of ps3 owners buy ps3's for blu ray movies.this wouldnt make sense, because not a whole lot of people have hdtv's, so why would they get blu ray movies? i know that i bought my ps3 for the games, and MAYBE i will pick up 4 or 5 blu ray movies thourghout this year, when i get an hdtv in my room.

Being Delusional expalins it well.

Ever use a PS3 to watch BR, its just not as user friendfly as a stand alone especially if you did not get the BR remote.

I bought mine to play games. I do have an hdtv but that was not on my mind when I bought my ps3 and bluray was a bonus. However, the multimedia functions of the ps3 are a huge bonus and far superior to that of the 360.

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme        

I bought it as a gaming machine and since I bought it, it's been more and more used for media as well. I have a picture, funny video, cool songs I want to show people, all I have to do is turn on the HDTV and show them.

When it comes to Blu-ray, I knew about it when I bought the PS3, but I'm not a big movie person so I figured I'd just wait till I can go to the rental store to watch them. Still waiting on them to start stocking Blu-ray's, but I'm patient.

rocketpig said:
I bought it so I could clean it constantly. So shiny. Rocketpig like shiny.

And then it gets those tiny scratches. :(