By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When Will The Switch Outsell the Xbox One?

?

Never 147 21.68%

1st half 2018 31 4.57%

2nd half 2018 58 8.55%

1st half 2019 90 13.27%

2nd half 2019 140 20.65%

1st half 2020 64 9.44%

2nd half 2020 70 10.32%

1st half 2021 18 2.65%

2nd half 2021 21 3.10%

2022 and beyond 39 5.75%

Total:678
Jigsawx1 said:

Halo3 had no competition............. while Halo 5 has alot like Cod, BF Series, Titanfall etc.

and the sales curve.... yeah it is up YoY since 2015

So you're saying Halo can't compete?

Being up slightly YOY doesn't change the fact that it's crawling along below 80k and being outsold by nearly 2-to-1 by Switch in the weekly charts.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Jigsawx1 said:

Halo3 had no competition............. while Halo 5 has alot like Cod, BF Series, Titanfall etc.

and the sales curve.... yeah it is up YoY since 2015

Being up slightly YOY doesn't change the fact that it's crawling along below 80k and being outsold by nearly 2-to-1 by Switch in the weekly charts.

no surley not!

Witch digital it has sold ~7 million with alot competion after 1 1/2 years while halo 3 sold 10+ million after 3 years without any competition in the beginning.

so it sells very nicely  with ~15k copies per week and online there are alot more players then halo 3 had 1 1/2 year after release so you could say halo 5 is rising against halo 3 and it is building a good baseline for halo 6, this is something where halo 4 on the other hand failed!

The switch is having a release bonus the sales of the switch are declining since launch and we have to see where it will be in something like 1 year, xbox one and ps4 had the same after their releases.

Jigsawx1 said:
curl-6 said:

no surley not!

Witch digital it has sold ~7 million with alot competion after 1 1/2 years while halo 3 sold 10+ million after 3 years without any competition in the beginning.

so it sells very nicely  with ~15k copies per week and online there are alot more players then halo 3 had 1 1/2 year after release so you could say halo 5 is rising against halo 3 and it is building a good baseline for halo 6, this is something where halo 4 on the other hand failed!

The switch is having a release bonus the sales of the switch are declining since launch and we have to see where it will be in something like 1 year, xbox one and ps4 had the same after their releases.

Do you have a source for that 7 million figure?

And Switch is still held back by supply shortages, and has yet to recieve most of its system selling software. Right now we're only seeing it in first gear, and yet it's still outpacing Xbox One in the weekly charts.

Maybe 2021 or 2022? 50 mil is a big number to pass, so unless the Switch continues to sell as well as it is now or even better, it could take awhile...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Maybe 2021 or 2022? 50 mil is a big number to pass, so unless the Switch continues to sell as well as it is now or even better, it could take awhile...

Do you think the Switch is likely to start selling worse than it is now?

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
Cloudman said:

Do you think the Switch is likely to start selling worse than it is now?

I don't know. It's still pretty early for the console and I haven't been keeping up with sales on the system, so I don't really have a good gauge on them overall. I hope the Switch continues to sell well. It's a pretty awesome system I feel.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I had the link for this thread and seems like no one necroed it yet.

Holy shit some of those Switch predictions were insane.
Like, i get who didn't feel the 100m train in 2017, but really 40/50 million predictions? It was always going to outsell the 3DS...

This was a great thread to bump. Alot crazy stuff, but alot of really spot on predictions. I dont remember the dudes name, but he kept saying Nintendo was going to make a second, handheld only system.. although I think he was alluding to a 3ds type of dedicated handheld with a unique library, he still kind of nailed it. This was a fun thread to read through.

Everyone back in 2017 was fairly accurate of when the Switch will outsell the Xbox One, and most people said Holiday 2019 which ended up being true.