By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Over 80% of all Nintendo Switch titles released thus far run at 60 FPS

Do you prefer developers to target?

Locked 1080P with dynamic framerate 32 12.03%

Locked 60 FPS with dynamic resolution 234 87.97%

Total:266
Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

Seriously, what are you even talking about?  My quote was word for word.

And your problem is that there are quotation marks?  That's the big problem you have?  Like I said, maybe you should analyze yourself for being defensive over a true statement while completely disregarding all the untrue statements in this thread and the selective quoting of the OP.

No, you misquoted him. He said some and not a lot and other stuff. Just listen in.

And besides, I find this discussion tiresome. You misquote the guy, you ask me a question I just answered in the post you quoted, you set a tone. Just say outright: this is no feat because a lot of the games aren't that demanding. That is an outright opinion. Instead you try to weasel, make your opinion fact (it is fact that there are a lot not so demanding games, as on every platform, but that this is no feat is your opinion), or put your opinion in the mouth of the DF-guy. Why not be direct with your opinion, do you fear to stay to your position? Because, momentarily I assume this is your opinion, but I can't even be sure because you don't actually say anything. Can't we talk like normal people instead like lawyers? That's all I want. And you just add another layer of weaseling. So, be direct or the discussion is ended for me.

You have no idea what you're talking about.  At all.  He clearly says the line I quoted at the 7:20 mark.  Clear as day.  I'm very disappointed that you would lie over a video-game discussion.

I just really cannot believe you're doing this simply because I pointed out a fact, that you're making such a huge deal out of it just to protect a false bragging point.  I quoted a single line, which was completely true.  That's all.  That you're trying to discredit me over that speaks volumes.  Everything else is just bullshit that you're trying to hide behind.  I pulled out a quote from the video instead of just saying it outright?  Who actually cares as long as it's true?  Why is that even an issue? Objections like that are nothing but sophistry.  Your argument is made of paper.

The question is as simple as simple gets--do you dispute what I said?  If not, which you've already indicated, then move on.

Around the Network

Give me as many 60 FPS games as possible. I don't need 60 FPS, but I'll take a dip in resolution if necessary. Heck, every Super Smash Bros. game has had 60 FPS (excluding certain elements).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Framerate is more important than Resolution for fluid gameplay, some genre's are more sensitive to framerate than others though. - Skyrim for instance is fine at 30fps, but Overwatch needs to be 60fps.

Higher resolution allows for a higher degree of clarity, sharpness and allows for smaller details to "pop".
Low resolutions can make things like sniping distant entities more difficult as well.

It sucks that in 2017 that console gamers simply can't have both.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

pokoko said:

I'm very disappointed that you would lie over a video-game discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg9ptMnVJmI&feature=youtu.be&t=452

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

@the comments here

@the fact that the Switch has shown that it is more than capable a piece of hardware to run games not just at high resolutions, higher at times than the X1 (lego city undercover) but also is a strong contender for the place to go if you want 60fps gaming as standard outside of the PC. Absolutely love the little beast so far, hope it continues with Splatoon2 Mario and WWE in the coming months, hoping those all turn out technically proficient on the machine.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

pokoko said:

I'm very disappointed that you would lie over a video-game discussion.

"He clearly says the line I quoted at the 7:20 mark."

pokoko said:
Mnementh said:

Ah, so you took a different point in the stream. But the fact remains, that you did put it in a way, the DF-guy didn't intended. He was actually excited about the big number of titles with high framerate. And still: why do you stand to your opinion directly?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

Ah, so you took a different point in the stream. But the fact remains, that you did put it in a way, the DF-guy didn't intended. He was actually excited about the big number of titles with high framerate. And still: why do you stand to your opinion directly?

A different point in the stream?  A way he didn't intend?

You do realize that the rest of the quote is in the OP?  That I just added the front part that he left out?  Which, it seems, you have no problem with at all?

I mean, let's map this out.  He cut off part of the quote, I posted the part he left off, and I'm the one you're trying to say is doing something wrong.

Heh.

Edit:  After thinking about it, I am sorry for saying that you were lying.  That part, at least, seems to be a misunderstanding.