By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Over 80% of all Nintendo Switch titles released thus far run at 60 FPS

Do you prefer developers to target?

Locked 1080P with dynamic framerate 32 12.03%

Locked 60 FPS with dynamic resolution 234 87.97%

Total:266

During the Splatoon 2 performance analysis via Digital Foundry

https://youtu.be/Fg9ptMnVJmI?t=442

“…if you look through the entirety of the list, of that 71 games, more than 80 percent of those, on the list, are 60 frames per second…” ~ Digital Foundry

So, Do you prefer developers target 1080P resolution with dynamic framerate?

Or do think it is better for them to target locked 60 FPS with dynamic resolution?

Around the Network

Ok?

I'm not sure what your point is. Probably because you neglected to put any personal commentary into the thread.

Edit: Now there's a poll, 60fps over resolution any day.

Barkley said:
Ok?

I'm not sure what your point is. Probably because you neglected to put any personal commentary into the thread.

Isn't it self explainatory? He's probably just celebrating and communicating for those who didn't watch the video that most of Switch games are 60fps. That's it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

If you run the games at a lower resolution, 60FPS shouldn't be that hard to achieve.

Edit:  Apparently Splatoon is 1080p.  A bit more impressive then.

"... a lot of these are simply emulated classics, of course ..."

Around the Network

Locked 60fps and dynamic resolution worked fine with Nioh. The more intresting question is whether or not people prefer 1080p with a variable frame above 30fps. Or if a 2160p checkerboard with locked 30fps is preferable. Personally I hate dynamic framerates but I like dynamic resolution, so it's an easy choice for me.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

For me the difference between 30fps and 60fps is small so I prefer better resolution.

Qwark said:
The more intresting question is whether or not people prefer 1080p with a variable frame above 30fps. Or if a 2160p checkerboard with locked 30fps is preferable.

For me I'd go for the dynamic framerate if it spent the majority of the time above 50fps, if it jumped around an average of about 45fps I'd probably prefer the higher resolution and locked to 30.

60 fps all the way!

And nice! Glad a "handheld" that can achieve this is on the market.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Every single game that comes out can run at 60fps. It's up to the devs to determine if they want more graphical fidelity at 30fps or less at 60.

The people who Dev for switch clealy want 60fps. So they make their games at that, I wish more devs made this decision but unfortunately the industry is the way that it is..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'