By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Over 80% of all Nintendo Switch titles released thus far run at 60 FPS

Do you prefer developers to target?

Locked 1080P with dynamic framerate 32 12.03%

Locked 60 FPS with dynamic resolution 234 87.97%

Total:266
Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

Cited wrong?  What are you talking about?  Also, why not say the same thing to the OP?  He left out a pretty important part.  Why not hold him to the same standard?  Why is only the partial quote I added wrong?  

Seriously, all I did was add more of what should have been in the OP.  It's the truth that a lot of thease are emulated classics.  Why do you have a problem with that?  I think you need to look in the mirror.  Look at the OP and tell me that relevant information wasn't left out.  Why don't you become a poster that strives for the truth rather than up-playing something that doesn't need to be up-played?  You need to try a lot harder yourself before you talk down to people.

Calm down bro. The OP reflected the intent and content of what the DF-guy said more or less correctly. You drove around what he said by citing only part of a sentence that basically was intended to say something different than you played at. And if you stop hyperventilating and start to use your brain you agree with me. Probably you shouldn't post while angered about something or somewhat, anger makes thinking more difficult for all of us. So, take a deep breath and play a game.

I think you really need to look at your own motivation here before talking down to people.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that many of these games are emulated classics and I have no idea why you would get defensive over that--not if you really care about being objective.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:

You cite it wrong and leave out the main part:

"And while it does include some pretty basic titles and emulated classics it's still a pretty amazing number if you think about it. That's a lot of 60 frames per second."

A lot came in the quote, but not at the place you did put it. They also pointed out, that Arms, Mario Kart and Splatoon are included. So why do you try to become a poster known for downplaying some consoles instead of keeping your reputation as a poster wiht balanced views?

It sure is interesting to watch how reality remains the same, but one person's perception changes. Newsflash: pokoko has always downplayed Nintendo at every opportunity. You simply didn't see it because it happened at a time when Nintendo had bad sales and therefore pokoko's views appeared to be more defensible.

Hmm, never saw it that way. That actually might be right then. I'll wait and see.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

spemanig said:
What about the other consoles?

It might be an interesting comparison. Pick the releases of the last month or so for each console and compare the number of games in different fps-areas.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

pokoko said:
Mnementh said:

Calm down bro. The OP reflected the intent and content of what the DF-guy said more or less correctly. You drove around what he said by citing only part of a sentence that basically was intended to say something different than you played at. And if you stop hyperventilating and start to use your brain you agree with me. Probably you shouldn't post while angered about something or somewhat, anger makes thinking more difficult for all of us. So, take a deep breath and play a game.

I think you really need to look at your own motivation here before talking down to people.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that many of these games are emulated classics and I have no idea why you would get defensive over that--not if you really care about being objective.

Oh no, I don't deny that some of the games are emulations and some are visually not so demanding indie-games. But you let it look like it was said in that way by the DF-guy, which wasn't the case. Instead he was actually impressed with the number of games with high framerates. If you want to add something like that for some of these games it isn't that much of a feat, then you should articulate that opinion as your own, not as the opinion of someone who said actually something else.

Mnementh said:
Turkish said:

This list includes indies right? I bet the PS4 is over 80% too then.

Maybe. Do you want to do a count? That might be interesting.

I mean it should right? Looking at reddits release list there are many indies releasing each week and those should be 60fps 9/10 times, versus the AAA count. There are like 1,000 games on the platform and maybe 20-30% of that is AAA.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

Oh no, I don't deny that some of the games are emulations and some are visually not so demanding indie-games. But you let it look like it was said in that way by the DF-guy, which wasn't the case. Instead he was actually impressed with the number of games with high framerates. If you want to add something like that for some of these games it isn't that much of a feat, then you should articulate that opinion as your own, not as the opinion of someone who said actually something else.

I quoted the factual part of what he said and simply left off the opinion part.  The factual part is neutral and allows people to form their own opinion.

That most of these games are ports or emulated games from other systems is relevant.  I don't know why you would think that it is not.  That they are 60fps (or not) really has nothing to do with Nintendo.  That some people in this thread are giving Nintendo credit really isn't disputable--just scroll up if you don't believe me.  Is that a big deal?  No, but it's still incorrect.

Why do you think it's downplaying to correct something that is incorrect?  Why would you want to obscure and discredit something that is true?

I'm going to ask you a question here and I really want a straight answer:  is it true or false that a lot of the games on that list are emulated classics?

1080p @ 60FPS master race!

Well? Most of these games are either Wii U games running at slightly higher resolutions or simple indies or classic arcade games. Nothing wrong with celebrating good frame rate but it's not exactly an accomplishment either.

In *most* video game genres, framerate is always better.

Personally, for most games I prefer a 1080p target.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
Personally, for most games I prefer a 1080p target.

Yeah it really depends on the game. With my PS4 Pro I do find myself choosing resolution over framerate in the majority of games that give a choice. If it is not 1st person I will choose resolution 100% of the time.