By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - My only gripe with Spider-Man Homecoming *spoilers*

Tagged games:

I watched it last night. Best Spider-Man movie since Spider-Man 2 for sure! I personally didn't have any problems with Donald's performance, and not to mention, Spidey did leave his hands all webbed up and said he deserved it. I see what you're saying, though!

Around the Network

Good film, not as good as 2 but good, Marvel do make enjoyable films.

Fanboy wise, there was a lot wrong with it. Good things: I like The Tinkerer. Vulture's changes were well done. Damage Control has been in the MCU before Wonder Man... that's funny. Spider-man's talking while Spider-man was well done.

Bad: "MJ"... so not Mary Jane Watson. Flash Tompson being like this weird 'cool' bully yet he was part of this quiz team? Riiight. Too much Ironman, so much infact that the middle act was basically Spider-man: Ironman edition.

Hmm, pie.

I very much enjoyed this movie.
Not my favorite, (Spider-Man 2), but damn it this is a close second.
The biggest thing I loved was Tom Holland. He is THE Spider-Man for me now. With all due respect to Andrew Garfield, and as much as I hold a nostalgia-bias Tobey Maguire, they both pulled off a great Spider-Man (Well, not so much Tobey, since he was more generic action, American hero than Spidey). But Tom Holland not only pulls off an amazing Spider-Man, but an even better Peter Parker as well! (It certainly helps that he's actually a kid and not a 25 to 30 year old trying to be a 15 year old.) But I truly did get the sense and understanding that even though this guy is this awesome, wall-crawling, web-slinging, acrobatic crime fighter, he's still just a kid.

Now as for my flaws or problems with this movie. Zendaya's character did absolutely nothing important to the plot, I've got nothing against her, but they hyped it up like she was going to be important, but she's really not. Maybe she'll play a bigger role in the sequel. (Sony and Marvel, I refuse to acknowledge her as "MJ". There is only one MJ, and her name is Mary Jane Watson, she will ALWAYS be Mary Jane Watson.) Flash was really weird. And having Aunt May find out at the end of the movie that Peter is Spider-Man was just underwhelming. Funny, but underwhelming.

Oh... guys I forgot. Have you ever noticed that in EVERY Spider-man film made so far in this modern era Peter Parker cannot keep a simple secret. Don't let people find out your Spider-man, he let's every enemy find out endangering his family and friends, he lets numerous other friends and family people find out too.

Peter Parker from the comics kept it secret for years, only like 2 villains found other before and most other times he had to reveal it, people didn't believe them/him. Mary Jane worked it out.... it took 200 issues plus for her to do that.

Hmm, pie.

I loved it, thought it was excellent. Best Spider-Man film by far imo.

THAT ORCHESTRATED ORIGINAL THEME AT THE BEGINNING. Such a nice surprise.

Around the Network

Some things I liked about the movie:

Michael Keaton as Vulture works on so many levels.

The crush Liz was hot.

Tom Holland and the Vulture finding out who each other is was acted perfectly.

Spiderman using his bootleg suit for the final encounter was really cool.

Stuff I didn't like:

Zendaya as MJ. WTF? I don't care that she is black or even that they want to make her MJ but she serves no purpose in the movie. She acts like a bitch for no reason. Nothing about her is likable.

Flash, also some race swapping casting. It was just a bad interpretation of the character but paradoxically it is also the most memorable and he has the most screentime. No one remembers the previous actors to play Flash.

At no point do Spiderman and Iron Man fight side by side like the ads hinted at.

Why the fuck does Spiderman drive a car? He's Spiderman.

This incarnation of Spiderman does not seem to have spider senses.

Vultures plan was dumb. It's a problem I have with a lot of movie robbers. If robbing is so profitable, why do you have to keep doing it so often?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.