By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - My only gripe with Spider-Man Homecoming *spoilers*

Tagged games:

Porcupine_I said:
What i don't get is that there is this "Spider" man in the movie but they never explain how he got his powers. I think they should have spent at least two thirds of the movie explaining his backstory as not to leave the audience clueless.

Agreed. An origin story for Spider-man would be pretty interesting I feel, and hasn't been done in a long time. Definitely a missed opportunity.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I call myself a comics fan. I knew Shocker, Vulture (of course), Scorpion, and the Tinkerer but I honestly had no idea he was the Prowler. Learn something new every day.

Not only is his character the Prowler, he is also Miles Morales' uncle. He even mentions he has a nephew in the neighborhood. Which is a reference to Miles.

My only real issue with the movie was that they went through the trouble of having the Ramones in the movie's soundtrack, but for some reason didn't include their cover of the Spider-Man theme song.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Porcupine_I said:
What i don't get is that there is this "Spider" man in the movie but they never explain how he got his powers. I think they should have spent at least two thirds of the movie explaining his backstory as not to leave the audience clueless.

He did breifly talk about the spider that bit him. The main reason they didn't include a backstory was because there have been two movies within the last 15 years that have done this already and they never changed enough of anything to feel the need to tell that same story over again.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

My only gripe was Starke not telling Peter that he believed him and was making moves to deal with the threat, then getting pissed when Peter took things into his own hands because he thought he was the only one who could do anything.

Around the Network
Jon-Erich said:
Porcupine_I said:

He did breifly talk about the spider that bit him. The main reason they didn't include a backstory was because there have been two movies within the last 15 years that have done this already and they never changed enough of anything to feel the need to tell that same story over again.

//This.

d21lewis said:
mysteryman said:
Loved the movie, but hated the suit.

Alone the suit was funny, but it took away so much of Spidey's personal skill and power.

I thought I would hate it but, at the end if the day, I loved what they did with it. It just makes me wonder. In Civil War, why did Tony even need to recruit Peter? He could have just recruiteda bunch of people and gave them suits. That Spiderman suit was so overpowered, anyone wearing it is basically a super hero.

Suit had some nice stuff, but most of what it did just augmented Spiderman rather than replacing. The strength, speed, wall-crawling and reflexes were all Peter. I don't think Peter shared the formula for the webs with Stark so while Tony did come up with a lot of ways to enhance the delivery system for his webbing, I don't think anyone wearing the suit would have access to it. Other than that the suit mostly acted as Peter's 'Guy in the chair' providing intel, recon, and signal tracking.

Short version, anyone could probably be a minor hero with the suit alone, but nowhere close to the real Spiderman.

Darc Requiem said:
d21lewis said:
I call myself a comics fan. I knew Shocker, Vulture (of course), Scorpion, and the Tinkerer but I honestly had no idea he was the Prowler. Learn something new every day.

Not only is his character the Prowler, he is also Miles Morales' uncle. He even mentions he has a nephew in the neighborhood. Which is a reference to Miles.

Somehow I missed it. Never even heard him say his name or the mention of his nephew. Maybe I was distracted. *shrugs*

But somebody else told me that on Facebook (where I said the same complaint) and I'll tell you what I told them: I guess I have no complaints, now!

d21lewis said:

To be honest, I only knew because I looked it up on wikipedia after I watched the movie.

Vor said:

My only complaint was the very last clip after credit. It really pissed me of

Agreed, but mainly as the friend I was seeing it with convinced me to stay and wait for it.

That said, I did find it kinda funny in a 'ffs, I can't elieve I feel for that' kind of way.