By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Here's a list of software releasing this week in North America on the Nintendo eShop, nicely compiled courtesy of NintendoLife

Switch Retail Downloads

Pokkén Tournament DX (Nintendo, $59.99USD) - The second 'DX' title to make the transition from Wii U to Nintendo Switch, this Pokémon fighter includes five new playable characters (four from the arcade, one new), more assist Pokémon and some new modes / online options. All told it's an expanded version of a title that was already pretty good in its original guise - we gave it a strong recommendation in our Pokkén Tournament DX reviewAvailable from 22nd September.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Bandai Namco, $49.99USD) - It's finally arrived on the Switch in the West, a title that boasts of some unique features on Nintendo's system. In addition to online options it offers local play for 3 vs 3 battles and co-op raid boss battles for six players; it also throws in some motion controls using the Joy-Con, if that's your sort of thing. We're working away on a review at the moment. Available from 22nd September.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game (WB Games, $59.99USD) - Released to coincide with the equivalent movie, this will add some ninja action to the LEGO formula, with '8 action packed locations' promised along with Battle Maps in which four players can duke it out. Available from 22nd September.

Sine Mora EX (THQ Nordic, $29.99USD) - A shoot 'em up originally developed by Digital Reality and Grasshopper Manufacture, this is a stylish shooter in which you can slow down time. It has a mature, gritty story to work through, along with other modes for pick up and play sessions. Unfortunately some of the 'EX' add-ons are underwhelming (to put it mildly), but we still gave it a modest recommendation in our Sine Mora EX reviewAvailable from 26th September.

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase (Dispatch Games, $29.99USD) - This is an arcade puzzle game that goes its own way, not quite doing the same thing as the likes of Puyo Puyo and Tetris. The concept has origins in the early '90s Jaleco range, though this release has various modes to keep things interesting and also multiplayer support. We gave this a whirl in some E3 impressions earlier this year.

Switch eShop

Arcade Archives Mario Bros. (Nintendo / HAMSTER, $7.99USD) - Announced in a recent Direct, essentially various Nintendo arcade games will get the 'ACA' treatment, with options to adjust displays and difficulty settings. First up is the original classic Mario Bros. arcade, in which Mario and Luigi (multiplayer is supported) flip over Koopas down in the sewers. Available from 27th September.

SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form, $19.99USD) - The long awaited sequel arrives and makes its mark on the Switch, with its unique blend of digging, exploration, platforming and combat. This expands and improves upon the 2013 original and keeps the SteamWorld series up to temperature; we loved this in our SteamWorld Dig 2 review.

Thimbleweed Park (Terrible Toybox, $19.99USD) - Produced by Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, this is a game that will remind point-and-click veterans of the SCUMM / LucasArts days of PC gaming; that means retro visuals, cutting humour and satire, and puzzles sure to leave you scratching your head. We had a great time solving its mysteries in our Thimbleweed Park review.

Art of Fighting (HAMSTER, $7.99USD) - Yep, a Neo Geo fighting game, this one had impressive - for the time - touches like camera zooms and characters getting increasingly bloodied during battle. Unfortunately we weren't at all impressed when we reviewed this on the Wii back in 2007, but will give it another look.

Switch eShop Game Update

Flip Wars (Nintendo) - Once downloaded, this free update adds a new stage, new mechanics, local wireless multiplayer, Class Matches and a new online battle mode.

3DS Virtual Console

Pokémon Gold and Silver (Nintendo, $9.99USD each) - Originally released on the Game Boy Color these games hit Japan in 1999, with the North American and European launches taking place in 2000 and 2001 respectively. These versions support local wireless battles and trading, while also being compatible with Pokémon Bank. Available from 22nd September.

New Nintendo 3DS eShop

36 Fragments of Midnight (Ratalaika Games, $2.99USD) - A procedurally generated platformer in which each attempt consists of finding and collection 36 fragments, all while dodging various dangers. We considered this to be quite average in our review of the Switch version.

Frutakia 2 (Crazysoft, $3.95USD) - Part slot machine, part puzzle game, in this one you try to match three or more animals as you have control over moving rows up and down. 

GUIDE THE GHOST (RCMADIAX, $1.49USD) - In this game you control a yellow diamond on the bottom screen in order to avoid dangers such as white squares and lines.

Wii U Virtual Console

Shockman (Konami, $5.99USD) - The consistent run of TG-16 games on the Wii U continues with this action platformer, and a nice touch is support for local co-op. It's a decent game all told, though in our Wii review we don't think it stands up to the greats of its era.

Chew Man Fu (Konami, $5.99USD) - Another TG-16 arrival, this is a game that not many will be familiar with. At heart it's a top down puzzle game, as you try to push coloured boulders into the correct spot, while there's also a multiplayer mode and puzzle editor. We quite enjoyed this in our Wii Virtual Console Chew Man Fu review back in 2007.

Around the Network

Do we have any sales for Mario + Rabbids yet?

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
Do we have any sales for Mario + Rabbids yet?

Other than being the most sold 3rd party game on the switch, I havn't seen any numbers.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/atelier-lydie-suelle-coming-west-ps4-switch-pc-early-2018

Seems like Nintendo hasnt forgotten Super Mario Run yet

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/23/super-mario-run-update-will-add-daisy-new-world-new-mode?abthid=59c5b6dafee6b5283f000027

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Still offscreen but one of the best pieces of Skyrim Switch footage I've seen thus far:

I don't get why companies don't simpy post sales numbers. Especially if they're good. No matter what Mario + Rabbids will probably have sold well. Does anyone know how much pre-orders it got? Because I was predicting like 500k first week and 750 k first year but maybe that's too much ... I don't know haven't been following it's success. I could honestly even see it doing 850k-1 mil if people buy it during Holiday

So, after the news that Xenoverse 2 includes the first game campaign, I might buy it. I've always found DB Budokai games fun, and I guess Xenoverse has a similar gameplay to those games, as far as I know.

Been warming up to Fire Emblem Warriors after the Nohr siblings and the latest character reveals like Lyn, Celica, Tiki and Caeda. Now I have hopes that they'll at least announce Ike before the release, while still not an ideal roster, is much better than I initally expected.

At the very least not as bad as TMS #FE in that regard.

Just beat Metroid: Samus Returns.

That surprise confrontation with Ridley at the end was fucking badass.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."