By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Im really looking foward for the Nintendo World Championship.Hopefully they make that an annual thing.Anyways, here is a new video.Metroid will be one of the featured games to be played there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzhoho-35-o

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Well, I gotta say that it's hilarious seeing what a brawl the sales threads have become with the Switch being successful. Nearly every thread where Switch wins in sales is overrun within days by the spin brigade, quite funny really.

And is doubly hilarious when you consider when the Switch *doesn't* win but just has good sales, it's all high fives and congratulations.

Oh, and posting here to stay out of the shit show. Much better view from the outside :P

But on a more on topic note, got the Switch version of Xenoverse 2. Seems like a good port. And since I didn't get the first game, I personally feel I got good bang for my buck with the Xenoverse 1 story being free DLC. I'll probably grab Pokken later in the year.

^ I am loving it xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nuvendil said:
Well, I gotta say that it's hilarious seeing what a brawl the sales threads have become with the Switch being successful. Nearly every thread where Switch wins in sales is overrun within days by the spin brigade, quite funny really.

And is doubly hilarious when you consider when the Switch *doesn't* win but just has good sales, it's all high fives and congratulations.

Oh, and posting here to stay out of the shit show. Much better view from the outside :P

But on a more on topic note, got the Switch version of Xenoverse 2. Seems like a good port. And since I didn't get the first game, I personally feel I got good bang for my buck with the Xenoverse 1 story being free DLC. I'll probably grab Pokken later in the year.

Not sure how things on VGC were during the Wii's early days as I only used to pop in once in a while back then but on Gametrailers sales became a declaration of war, we had one thread that predicted the Wii would outsell the 360 in its first year and the was outrage, the funny thing is the Wii went on to do exactly that in one year and the was open warfare on the boards with one user uploading a user video of himself having a meltdown over it because initially a lot of people wrote the Wii off expecting a failure when that failure never came a few held their hands up and said ok I was wrong while the rest started the spin cycle to assure themselves.

What you're seeing with the Switch is exactly that people wrote it off and when it didn't flop one group said ok and the others can't accept it yet so are looking for spins to assure themselves, I'll predict it now when Pokemon arrives the spin doctors are going to stop targeting sales as a focal point and start trying to look for some other notion to grab on to and spin afterall it's what happened to the Wii when people realize it was going to keep selling.

On topic, never managed to pick up Pokken on Wii U so might pick it up in the coming months.

Nuvendil said:

Heh, you know, console wars can be really tiresome at times. So take a rest and you'll be back better and stronger .

I'm enjoying Xenoverse 2 a lot. I mean, I don't think the game is THAT good as a fighter, but being a Dragon Ball fan is pretty fun to play. I also bought it because I found out that Xenoverse 1 story was included. So it's a pretty good value in the end. Dragon Ball, on the go, and many hours of playtime. Can't complain XD.

The only thing that I find a bit weird, is that 1vs1 fights are 60fps and the rest 30fps. I mean, I think I'd prefer locked 30fps, because the transitions between both battles is really notorious.

Around the Network

I was checking out the eshop on the 3DS and found Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, which i had forgotten about. The game went under my and most others radars it seems. It looks to be tad different from the last two FE games.
Any played this one yet? Is it good?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I was checking out the eshop on the 3DS and found Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, which i had forgotten about. The game went under my and most others radars it seems. It looks to be tad different from the last two FE games.
Any played this one yet? Is it good?

Its a remake of gaiden and from my personal experience... I've been enjoying it more than I am doing with awakening.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Nuvendil said:

Is the "Zelda only sells because Switch owners have no other games to buy" logic still being used? If not already, that fallacy will become blatantly silly after next month. Infact I think we're already almost at the point where it has too many games!

-Lonely_Dolphin

Snes mini launches in 2 hours!!!! Who is in line at their 24 hour Walmart right now?

Einsam_Delphin said:
Nuvendil said:

Is the "Zelda only sells because Switch owners have no other games to buy" logic still being used? If not already, that fallacy will become blatantly silly after next month. Infact I think we're already almost at the point where it has too many games!

-Lonely_Dolphin

Haven't seen that.  I did, as an aside, see someone for the first time ever spin the horrid sales of Marvel vs Capcom by saying the average sales of new games naturally go down as a platform matures and its library and audience grows.  You know, the exact opposite of what conventionally happens?

No, with the Switch it's mostly just getting down to blatant denial.