By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nuvendil said:

Haven't seen that.  I did, as an aside, see someone for the first time ever spin the horrid sales of Marvel vs Capcom by saying the average sales of new games naturally go down as a platform matures and its library and audience grows.  You know, the exact opposite of what conventionally happens?

No, with the Switch it's mostly just getting down to blatant denial.

I usually just check the numbers and don't actually post or read the thread, but now you've got me interested hehe.

Around the Network
Paul said:
Snes mini launches in 2 hours!!!! Who is in line at their 24 hour Walmart right now?

Not me.......yet. I haven't decided if I want to get it now or months later down the road.  Still it also launches in 2 hours in my area as well. I have to make a decision quickly.

OT:
Is it bad that I only play Splatoon 2 just for Salmon Run? Those are like the only days I play.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

The TentaBrella will be available tommorow !!!
This will be a fun weapon to troll around with

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hey! Anyone in here has purchased Picross S? I've played 4 or 5 Picross games before, but I've never tried MegaPicross puzzles. Any useful tips? I don't quite get it.

Nuvendil said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Is the "Zelda only sells because Switch owners have no other games to buy" logic still being used? If not already, that fallacy will become blatantly silly after next month. Infact I think we're already almost at the point where it has too many games!

-Lonely_Dolphin

Haven't seen that.  I did, as an aside, see someone for the first time ever spin the horrid sales of Marvel vs Capcom by saying the average sales of new games naturally go down as a platform matures and its library and audience grows.  You know, the exact opposite of what conventionally happens?

No, with the Switch it's mostly just getting down to blatant denial.

Ha yea funny. Each new game that sells well on the Switch, is due to it having no games, thus owners are desperate for anything.

Then someone argued that Marvel Vs. Capcom sold horrible because the other systems have too many games. This was in the Japan sales thread when MvC only sold like 8k. Also I think it was the highest PS4 game in Japan that week. So to this person reasoning, it sold so bad because there were too many other great PS4 games to buy, yet no other PS4 games were selling either that week.

The Switch can't have successes and the PS4 can't have flops. It's interesting to see how they spin each scenerio to reach those conclusions.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Well, I gotta say that it's hilarious seeing what a brawl the sales threads have become with the Switch being successful. Nearly every thread where Switch wins in sales is overrun within days by the spin brigade, quite funny really.

And is doubly hilarious when you consider when the Switch *doesn't* win but just has good sales, it's all high fives and congratulations.

Oh, and posting here to stay out of the shit show. Much better view from the outside :P

But on a more on topic note, got the Switch version of Xenoverse 2. Seems like a good port. And since I didn't get the first game, I personally feel I got good bang for my buck with the Xenoverse 1 story being free DLC. I'll probably grab Pokken later in the year.

It's basically that people are okay giving something praise as long as they can still view it from a position of superiority. Once it becomes a threat, they need to take up the defense. It's pretty sad, seeing as they're fighting over plastic.

Since there's a new poll, here's the results from the old one:

As for my response, I'm happy to say I got lucky and was able to order one from Target last month. Should be here by Tuesday

RolStoppable said:
Volterra_90 said:
Hey! Anyone in here has purchased Picross S? I've played 4 or 5 Picross games before, but I've never tried MegaPicross puzzles. Any useful tips? I don't quite get it.

1. Read the instructions of Mega Picross if you haven't already.

2. You probably already did, so the next tip is to throw conventional Picross logic out of the window. If you keep thinking like that, you'll always get stuck.

3. The mega-numbers always stretch across two rows or columns, so a 3 is limited to two blocks in the same row/column while the remaining block to fill has to be in the other row/column. Essentially, mega-numbers don't stretch as wide or high across the playfield as normal numbers do.

4. There are also normal numbers in double rows/columns. Anytime you see a mega-number, that's what I call a double row/column, because the given hints count across either two rows or two columns. The new catch to the normal numbers is that they now give clues for three directions instead of only two. Let's take a row in normal Picross puzzles; the numbers also give clues where an X goes either right or left to a number. However, in a double row in Mega Picross, the normal numbers also give you a clue for the vertical axis. Here's an example:

Row 1 of the double row has a normal 3 as one of his hints. You can identify one block of this 3 already. In a normal Picross puzzle, that would already be the end of what you can do. But in Mega Picross, the identified block of the 3 in row 1 means that there has to be an X below the identified block in row 2 of the double row as the 3 you are dealing with is not a mega-number, so it stretching across both rows of the double row can be logically ruled out. This is the most crucial piece to the thinking in Mega Picross, because that's how you put more Xs in the puzzles. Without those, you are left wondering how these things can even be solved.

5. Keep in mind that rows and columns that do not contain mega-numbers have to be treated the same way as in normal Picross, so a 3 in a conventional row does not indicate anything about Xs that should go above or below it.

6. Similarly, but still quite different, tip 4 doesn't indicate anything about the row above the double row. While there is an X that has to go below the identified block of the 3, there is no logical reason to believe that there has to be an X above said identified block.

If you keep these tips in mind, you should be able to solve 10x10 puzzles and get the hang of the new logic that is required to solve them.

Thanks, this is really helpful. I didn't think about the hint 4 you provided, so it seems that I left some Xs unchecked, and that brought me to a dead end a lot. I think I can work out how to do them following these tips. It seems that I have to change my logic reasoning for solving MegaPicross then. 

RolStoppable said:
Who bought Golf Story and has an idea about how long it is?

It's good. Maybe great. I got it and played for like an hour untill now. So it's at least one hour long .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Got the SNES Classic, so smol is so cute :3

Star Fox 2 could become my favorite Star Fox game, pleasant surprise.