By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
ARamdomGamer said:

I don't have a problem with Awakening itself, sure is not the best FE game out there, but is still good.

Is the fact that I see it everywhere now that annoys me and ignore their other games, heck Smash right now has the best balance of FE stuff and that is quite sad.

So, which one's your favourite? The one with Lyn?

Radiant Dawn, followed by Blazing Sword (Lyn's) and Path of Radiance.

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, which one's your favourite? The one with Lyn?

Radiant Dawn, followed by Blazing Sword (Lyn's) and Path of Radiance.

Ah, all of those games are pretty expensive from the looks of it I guess I won't be able to play them.

ktay95 said:
Volterra_90 said:
Tbh, the only FE games I managed to enjoy are the post-Awakening ones. It's because of people like me that Warriors is full of Awakening characters. You can thank me

It's because of people like you that the franchise isn't dead but the older fans will bitch anyway. People are stupid.

Nah, I don't think so. The franchise wouldn't have reaches Awakening if it hadn't any fanbase and sales. Those people actually kept the franchise alive, and Awakening just elevated it at mainstream levels. 

ktay95 said:
Should rename Fire Emblem Warriors to Fire Emblem Disappointment: Yes all of your waifus are missing because you didnt pick a stupid main character

No but Lucina is a nice addition, being my main in Smash 4.
Cant imagine what it must be like to actually be a FE fan though, Ive only played 2 games (Awakening which I never beat and the mobile game )and even Im disappointed knowing a lot of my faves will be no shows. Will settle for playable Anna though, will absolutely lose my shit if I can get playable female Morgan with red hair.

Disappointment indeed. I am getting tired of the focus on Awakening and Fates. They're good games and revived the series, but there's more to the series than those 2. Where's Blazing Blade, PoR, RD, Sacred Seals, etc?? Those even have MCs that aren't sword users T : <

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

From the looks of it, this is looking like it will follow the trend that Hyrule Warriors went with.
Originally, that game started with just Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Then as time went on, they would eventually add content from games like Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Link's Awakening. Maybe it's the same thing here.
They're starting with Awakening, Fates, and Mar-- I MEAN, Shadow Dragon. Then, they'll add other games like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, 7, and Echoes. Only time will tell, I guess. But even I'll admit, as much as I love Awakening and Fates, and understand that they're going with those games to sell this game on (being the 2 best selling games in the series by a mile and all), I'd like to play as some other characters as well COUGHAlmandCelicaCOUGH.

Around the Network

I'm shocked that we haven't had any confirmation or footage of any Echoes characters. Surely, they would want to push the latest game in the series by having some of its characters in this game on the Switch, especially with the main characters of the game. Celica is hit or miss with me, but Alm is my favorite character out of all the 3DS games! Everything about him and his personality just clicked with me. I guess it helps that his feelings of isolation and loneliness, and need to have family and treat his friends as his own family just hits really close to home.

PAOerfulone said:

I'm shocked that we haven't had any confirmation or footage of any Echoes characters. Surely, they would want to push the latest game in the series by having some of its characters in this game on the Switch, especially with the main characters of the game. Celica is hit or miss with me, but Alm is my favorite character out of all the 3DS games! Everything about him and his personality just clicked with me. I guess it helps that his feelings of isolation and loneliness, and need to have family and treat his friends as his own family just hits really close to home.

Good point, I figured Nintendo/Intelligent Systems would want to get new fans interested in some of the older entries which would set them up for future Virtual Console/Remakes/Re-Releases of the older games. Hopefully some of them end up in the game.

If Lissa can get in then there's no reason Elise can't! However, it seems like they're only doing the main characters from each game, so that makes me worried for Kaze's chances, but surely they're not gonna go without Ninjas in this game.

Volterra_90 said:
ktay95 said:

It's because of people like you that the franchise isn't dead but the older fans will bitch anyway. People are stupid.

Nah, I don't think so. The franchise wouldn't have reaches Awakening if it hadn't any fanbase and sales. Those people actually kept the franchise alive, and Awakening just elevated it at mainstream levels. 

No he's right, IS said if Awakening didn't sell well that would have been the end of the Fire Emblem series.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Some tidbits on the development of Starfox

https://gonintendo.com/stories/284497-original-starfox-devs-sit-down-to-stream-the-game-live-stream-r#comments

-Back in the day, Miyamoto smoked. A lot. 

-He would usually sit at Gile's desk with a cigarette in his mouth, testing the latest Star Fox controls. 

-They eventually banned smoking in the Nintendo office. 

-Nintendo EAD was only about 40 employees back in the day. 

-There's apparently rude 'miming' hidden in the game somewhere. 

-Debugging tools were practically non-existent back then, if the game crashed there was nothing to go on.

-Argonaut also tried to make the Super FX chip for Mega Drive / Genesis but it couldn't work due to limitations with the system's cartridge slot.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Nope, and even the Wii U had a messaging system, so between that and friend codes Nintendo is going backwards, but still making us pay for online of course!

-Lonely_Dolphin

=(

It's so strange because it's so basic/obvious! I'm a Nintendo fan since SNES but sometimes it's hard to be one... I mean, their games are usually great and I like their vision but some decisions (like this one) I don't even have a proper word to describe it.

=(