By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

And how much % of the playerbase cares about Dr. Robotnik? Just thought it'd be important to get all the facts from you.

The number isn't exact, but it's certainly much higher than Joker.

How come only Joker gets an exact number?




I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

The number isn't exact, but it's certainly much higher than Joker.

How come only Joker gets an exact number?

That's the only number known.



CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

How come only Joker gets an exact number?

That's the only number known.

So, based on this evidence, it is equally likely that Joker is the most cared about character?




I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That's the only number known.

So, based on this evidence, it is equally likely that Joker is the most cared about character?

No, just that the known number is far less than whatever number it is for Robotnik. And of course there's the fact that Joker's debut game never even came to a Nintendo system. It's the problem with Cloud in Smash 4 all over again.



Darwinianevolution said:

So apparently Soul Hackers 2 was announced some time ago, and there wasn't a Switch version. Is there a reason for it? Did SMT V do poorly?



Nah, SMTV has no bearing upon this.

Darwinianevolution said:

So does anyone know why is Atlus giving the Switch the cold shoulder nowadays? They were one of the best supporters of the 3DS, and now they do so little.



$$$$$

The 3DS games were cheaper to make probably - that or they didnt get the same incentives that they had received for the 3DS.

CaptainExplosion said:

And that's why Joker shouldn't have been in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Persona 5 itself NEVER EVEN CAME TO SWITCH. They could've given us Dr. Robotnik as the second Sega rep, but instead we got some anime pretty boy only 10% of the playerbase even care about.


Persona 5 Strikers is on Switch though which is a game he's technically in lol.

Same reason why Cloud is in the game too cause of FFVII port, Ryu due to Ultra Street Fighter II, etc

Snake being the only oddball with no Metal gear game on the Switch at all.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Darwinianevolution said:

So apparently Soul Hackers 2 was announced some time ago, and there wasn't a Switch version. Is there a reason for it? Did SMT V do poorly?



Nah, SMTV has no bearing upon this.

Darwinianevolution said:

So does anyone know why is Atlus giving the Switch the cold shoulder nowadays? They were one of the best supporters of the 3DS, and now they do so little.



$$$$$

The 3DS games were cheaper to make probably - that or they didnt get the same incentives that they had received for the 3DS.

CaptainExplosion said:

And that's why Joker shouldn't have been in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Persona 5 itself NEVER EVEN CAME TO SWITCH. They could've given us Dr. Robotnik as the second Sega rep, but instead we got some anime pretty boy only 10% of the playerbase even care about.


Persona 5 Strikers is on Switch though which is a game he's technically in lol.

Same reason why Cloud is in the game too cause of FFVII port, Ryu due to Ultra Street Fighter II, etc

Snake being the only oddball with no Metal gear game on the Switch at all.

But Snake has had appearances on Nintendo systems years before Cloud and Joker did, and Ryu has been frequent on Nintendo systems since the Super NES ports of Street Fighter games. Cloud, last I checked, had no appearances on a Nintendo system before Smash 4, and Persona 5 Strikers didn't come out on Switch until after he was shoehorned into Smash Bros.



CaptainExplosion said:

But Snake has had appearances on Nintendo systems years before Cloud and Joker did, and Ryu has been frequent on Nintendo systems since the Super NES ports of Street Fighter games. Cloud, last I checked, had no appearances on a Nintendo system before Smash 4, and Persona 5 Strikers didn't come out on Switch until after he was shoehorned into Smash Bros.

The issue here is that there is no issue.




I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But Snake has had appearances on Nintendo systems years before Cloud and Joker did, and Ryu has been frequent on Nintendo systems since the Super NES ports of Street Fighter games. Cloud, last I checked, had no appearances on a Nintendo system before Smash 4, and Persona 5 Strikers didn't come out on Switch until after he was shoehorned into Smash Bros.

The issue here is that there is no issue.

No, there IS an issue. They broke a major rule for Smash Bros. recruitment: The character MUST have previously been on a Nintendo system.



CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

The issue here is that there is no issue.

No, there IS an issue. They broke a major rule for Smash Bros. recruitment: The character MUST have previously been on a Nintendo system.

Right, the major rule. Um, where is this rule written, exactly? And what are the minor rules, just out of curiosity?




I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No, there IS an issue. They broke a major rule for Smash Bros. recruitment: The character MUST have previously been on a Nintendo system.

Right, the major rule. Um, where is this rule written, exactly? And what are the minor rules, just out of curiosity?

It was on the website for Smash Bros. Brawl, and the site is no longer available, but the point stands.