By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

After more than a year and after 80 hours of playtime, I've finally finished with Tears of the Kingdom.

Phenomenal game; inevitably not as fresh or revelatory as BOTW, but the way it builds on its predecessor's already mind-blowing physics and chemistry systems is insanely impressive, and the new powers, new dungeons, new enemies, and myriad of other additions make Hyrule a joy to experience even on a second visit.

One of the best games on Switch, and I don't say that lightly as by this point it's my second favourite console of all time.

Around the Network

Hopefully this helps Nintendo stand against AI generated bullshit.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 2nd anniversary, the best games do fly past us at a speed sometimes.

So much of the Switch software library that has been goated, a good while past us now ...

Good thing is we're still currently waiting for announced for games that could add into that legendary pile.

Honestly, those Switch retrospective videos in 10 years are gonna be amazing haha

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 28 July 2024

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Good Feel's Japan-exclusive 3D action platformer Bakeru is getting a Western release on the 3rd of September:

https://noisypixel.net/3d-good-feel-action-game-bakeru-west-spike-chunsoft-september-2024/

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 August 2024

curl-6 said:

After more than a year and after 80 hours of playtime, I've finally finished with Tears of the Kingdom.

Phenomenal game; inevitably not as fresh or revelatory as BOTW, but the way it builds on its predecessor's already mind-blowing physics and chemistry systems is insanely impressive, and the new powers, new dungeons, new enemies, and myriad of other additions make Hyrule a joy to experience even on a second visit.

One of the best games on Switch, and I don't say that lightly as by this point it's my second favourite console of all time.

I finished TOTK after about 105 hours back in November after 6 months or so. I don't think I'll bother with most of the extra stuff.

Is Wii your favorite console? 

Switch is very high for me. PS4 might be the only console higher, and I wouldn't put PS5 above Switch or PS4 yet because the software that aren't ports or remakes don't match up to Switch or PS4 right now. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
curl-6 said:

I finished TOTK after about 105 hours back in November after 6 months or so. I don't think I'll bother with most of the extra stuff.

Is Wii your favorite console? 

Switch is very high for me. PS4 might be the only console higher, and I wouldn't put PS5 above Switch or PS4 yet because the software that aren't ports or remakes don't match up to Switch or PS4 right now. 

My favourite console is the SNES; just so many amazing classics on it; Mario World, A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Demon's Crest, Doom, F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby Super Star and Dreamland 3, Chrono Trigger, Contra III...

It has one of Nintendo's best first party lineups, plus the cream of the crop of third parties; the last time a Nintendo system would have the best of both worlds.

Switch is close, maybe ahead in sheer volume of good games, but the SNES's best were almost untouchable at the time in a way that only a few Switch games are.

curl-6 said:

Good Feel's Japan-exclusive 3D action game Bakeru is getting a Western release on the 3rd of September:

https://noisypixel.net/3d-good-feel-action-game-bakeru-west-spike-chunsoft-september-2024/

Fina-freakin-ly ! Must've been difficult to find a wanting publisher for this. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't do the publishing in the end. 

curl-6 said:

Good Feel's Japan-exclusive 3D action platformer Bakeru is getting a Western release on the 3rd of September:

Wow, consider that Goemon itch scratched! I rarely buy games at launch anymore, but I might consider this one just to show support for the devs. Hoping Konami sees this and has a "hold my beer" moment to greenlight a Goemon collection done right.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Good Feel's Japan-exclusive 3D action game Bakeru is getting a Western release on the 3rd of September:

Fina-freakin-ly ! Must've been difficult to find a wanting publisher for this. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't do the publishing in the end. 

The game looks great. I bought the japanese version just in case this wouldnt happen, but I havent played it yet. Hopefully it gets a physical release here as well.

Oh neat ! 

We're getting a staggered demo of Emio : The Smiling Man with the opening chapters of the game !

Prologue/1st Chapter - August 19th

Chapter 2 - August 22nd

Chapter 3 - August 27th

Smart way to market than to make people come back with a piece meal offering right until the game's launch.

I'm buying the game anyway. So at best, I'll maybe touch the first part to get the vibes it's going. Will keep the rest for the full release.