By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ok, so the rumored date for the Direct was ALMOST true. I'm going to bed early tonight for once.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Ok, so the rumored date for the Direct was ALMOST true. I'm going to bed early tonight for once.

Two people stated it would be on the 18th days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1d9zy33/guaran%C3%A1_hints_that_the_next_nintendo_direct_will/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1dgamj7/brazil_on_famiboards_says_nintendo_direct_is/

You'd think, with all the amount of internet dudes begging for WWHD/TPHD remasters, that these would be new remasters, and not ports of remasters that were both made quite a few years ago on a prior system.

I played WWHD back in like 2013. Could have played TPHD if I wanted to.

Why is there so much hype for ports of remasters that released only last gen? It's not like they are going to be much different than the remasters at all (Switch is basically Wii U with an extra shot of espresso). NS1 was just the 3ds catching up to the Wii U badically.

You'd think all these people begging for these ports would have played them on Wii U back when the remasters were fresh.

Dulfite said:

You'd think, with all the amount of internet dudes begging for WWHD/TPHD remasters, that these would be new remasters, and not ports of remasters that were both made quite a few years ago on a prior system.

Why is there so much hype for ports of remasters that released only last gen? It's not like they are going to be much different than the remasters at all (Switch is basically Wii U with an extra shot of espresso). NS1 was just the 3ds catching up to the Wii U badically.

You'd think all these people begging for these ports would have played them on Wii U back when the remasters were fresh.

My WiiU (piece of shit system) died before I could play them (both Zelda TP and WW are the last two games in my WiiU backlog lol) . I could emulate them but still - I want them on Switch.

Also both games are stuck on a dead platform - almost all of the major Nintendo games on WiiU got ported over (in remaster fashion) - 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros U, etc). A lot of people didnt get the game because they didnt get the system either. Didnt the WiiU sell less than 10 mil?

Dulfite said:

I mean...the Switch has outsold the WiiU by more than 10x. So the vast majority of Switch owners never had a WiiU.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

What's a Wii U? 

Nintendo Direct June 2024

Mario and Luigi Brothership
- November 7th 2024
Nintendo World Championships NES Edition
- July 17th?
Fairy Tail 2
- Holiday 2024
Fantasian Neo Dimension
- Winter 2024
Nintendo Switch Sports
- Basketball Free Add On
- This Summer
Mio: Memories of Orbit
Disney Illusion Island
- Free Update LAter Today
HEllo Kitty Island Adventure
Looney Tuns Wacky World of Sports
- Fall 2024
Among Us
- Free Update Later Today
Farmagia
- Nintendo 1st
Donkey Kong Country Returns HD
- 80 Levels including 3DS versions
- January 16th 2025
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake
- November 14th 2024
- Also Parts 1 & 2 in 2025
Funko Fusion
- September 13th 2024
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
- June 27th 2-24
The NEw Denpa Men
- Free to Play
- July 22nd 2024
MEtal Slug Attack Reloaded
- Later Today!
Darkest Dungeon II
- July 15th 2024
Nintendo Online
- A Link to the PAst Four Swords
- Metroid: Zero Mission
- N64 Mature
- Turok Dinosaur Hunter
- PErfect Dar
- Later Today
Phantom Brave The Lost HEro
Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection Arcade Edition
- Collection of games
Super Mario Party Jamboree
- October 17th 2024
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
- You play as Zelda
- Link's Awakening Switch graphics style
- September 26th 2024
- Comes with a new Switch Lite Model
Just Dance 2025
- October 2024
Lego Horizon Adventures
- Holiday 2024
Stray
- Holiday 2024
Tales of the Shire: A Lord of the Rings Game
- Holiday 2025
Ace Attourney Investigations Collection
- SEptember 6th 2024
The Hundred Line - Last Defense Academy
- Early 2025
Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven
- October 24th 2024
Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I honestly didn't expect Metroid Prime 4 at all!!

Fantastic Direct.

A lot of great announcements.

I definitely got more than I would've expected yesterday 😂

Honestly, this another case "end of the year too cramped up" in good releases.
And this is the last active year of the Switch as the defacto system !

Such a good way to flex on everyone's expectations lol.
And since there's going to be a new Mario & Luigi RPG, welp, the Switch is even more cimmented as my favorite console of all time !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909