By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theRepublic said:

I gotta say, I think this is the weakest IP Lego has ever done a game for.

Yeah I don't get it. The Horizon PS4 game sold great, I doubt Zero Dawn will outperform it though.

But if they are going to pick a popular IP, why not something that sells insane? Just imagine a Lego GTA game and how well that would sell!

Lego Red Dead Redemption

Lego Zelda

Lego Skyrim

Lego of Duty

They could sell a lot more doing any of these than Horizon series.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Switch's 2025 is shaping up to be shockingly solid for what will be the system's 9th year. So far we got:

• Pokémon Legends Z-A
  • Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
  • Civilization 7
  • Little Nightmares III
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure

Already looking better than Wii U's 2016 or Wii's 2012 and we're not even halfway through 2024, so there's still likely lots still to be announced.

Did we ever get 100% confirmation from Nintendo that Z-A is not a NS2 exclusive? They never showed gameplay. 

Layton is AA

Civ 7 is 3rd party. As are the next two.

Nintendo is like 97% developing for NS2 by this point with only remakes/remasters or AA games coming from them from here on out for NS1.

Dulfite said:
curl-6 said:

Switch's 2025 is shaping up to be shockingly solid for what will be the system's 9th year. So far we got:

• Pokémon Legends Z-A
  • Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
  • Civilization 7
  • Little Nightmares III
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure

Already looking better than Wii U's 2016 or Wii's 2012 and we're not even halfway through 2024, so there's still likely lots still to be announced.

Did we ever get 100% confirmation from Nintendo that Z-A is not a NS2 exclusive? They never showed gameplay. 

Layton is AA

Nintendo is like 97% developing for NS2 by this point with only remakes/remasters or AA games coming from them from here on out for NS1.

Legends Z-A was announced for "Nintendo Switch systems" which suggests a crossgen release.

And there's nothing wrong with AA games or third party titles.

curl-6 said:
Dulfite said:

Layton is AA

Legends Z-A was announced for "Nintendo Switch systems" which suggests a crossgen release.

Despite the weak hardware, it's not like you'll see publishers and dev willfully ignore a ballpark of 140M if the scope of their project permits it.

And indeed, Gamefreak is most likely working on the next Legends with the Switch as the primary target hardware. At best, I could see them selling it alongside a Switch 2 version as a cross-gen title but it seems difficult to think it possible since they aren't exactly a big to manage two target hardware usually.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Despite the weak hardware, it's not like you'll see publishers and dev willfully ignore a ballpark of 140M if the scope of their project permits it.

And indeed, Gamefreak is most likely working on the next Legends with the Switch as the primary target hardware. At best, I could see them selling it alongside a Switch 2 version as a cross-gen title but it seems difficult to think it possible since they aren't exactly a big to manage two target hardware usually.

Pretty much yeah, Switch's install base is just too big to ignore at this stage, provided a port is viable from a perspective of technology/time/manpower/budget.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
theRepublic said:

I gotta say, I think this is the weakest IP Lego has ever done a game for.

Yeah I don't get it. The Horizon PS4 game sold great, I doubt Zero Dawn will outperform it though.

But if they are going to pick a popular IP, why not something that sells insane? Just imagine a Lego GTA game and how well that would sell!

Lego Red Dead Redemption

Lego Zelda

Lego Skyrim

Lego of Duty

Good ol' Horizon: Breath of The Knockoff.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

Lego Red Dead Redemption

Lego Zelda

Lego Skyrim

Lego of Duty

Horizon isn't a BOTW knockoff; the two were developed side by side and released around the same time.

CaptainExplosion said:

Someone claims that the Direct is June 17.

I thought the rumors stated June 18

Either ways, next week!

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Horizon isn't a BOTW knockoff; the two were developed side by side and released around the same time.

Horizon, I believe, was released first.  Not too mention Horizon and BotW do not share much in common.  Both are excellent games with their own personality.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Horizon, I believe, was released first.  Not too mention Horizon and BotW do not share much in common.  Both are excellent games with their own personality.

Horizon released first by just 3 days, point being they simply didn't have time to "knock off" BOTW even if they'd wanted to as the two games were made simultaneously.