By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Dulfite said:

Monolift Soft's new game is codenamed "Legacy" according to Midori.

When I think of legacy, I don't think as much about "the first" of something as much as I do honoring the first of something with something new that is like it.

Xenosaga was their first thing. Maybe a sequel to that?

Or, the game being as old as it is, a Xenosaga 1-3 upscale remaster to refresh us all (or for people like me who never played any of them) snd then they announce Xenosaga 4.

But she says the title is in development with Nintendo in conjunction. 

There's no apparent Bandai Namco involvement here. Though it isn't impossible, I just don't see it as such.

Also considering the other codename used for the Xenoblade titles, this project is most likely some kind of new game altogether or a rework of a project that wasn't Xenoblade, so yes ... Xenosaga maybe ? 

But unless there's confirmation of Bandai Namco involvement, I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Monolift Soft's new game is codenamed "Legacy" according to Midori.

When I think of legacy, I don't think as much about "the first" of something as much as I do honoring the first of something with something new that is like it.

Xenosaga was their first thing. Maybe a sequel to that?

Or, the game being as old as it is, a Xenosaga 1-3 upscale remaster to refresh us all (or for people like me who never played any of them) snd then they announce Xenosaga 4.

Plus Nintendo has a good relationship with Bandai Namco.

VersusEvil said:

Very likely it’s their medieval new ip they teased years ago with this image

I've wanted this for a while. Legacy could work in this context in the sense that medieval is legacy to all of us 

Dulfite said:
VersusEvil said:

Very likely it’s their medieval new ip they teased years ago with this image

I've wanted this for a while. Legacy could work in this context in the sense that medieval is legacy to all of us 

Just looking at some of their internal artwork competition results, the kind of landscape they could introduce in a new setting would be so freaking cool. 

Though I think this artwork(and another one with an armored knight in the middle of a temple) are just for recruitment purposes.

Nonetheless, would be really fun seeing them do something of different measure for the Switch 2.

At least Legacy isn't much of a straight forward indication since it doesn't rely on past codenames they used. 

Mar1217 said:
Dulfite said:

Just looking at some of their internal artwork competition results, the kind of landscape they could introduce in a new setting would be so freaking cool. 

Though I think this artwork(and another one with an armored knight in the middle of a temple) are just for recruitment purposes.

Nonetheless, would be really fun seeing them do something of different measure for the Switch 2.

At least Legacy isn't much of a straight forward indication since it doesn't rely on past codenames they used. 

What bothers me is we don't even know exactly what KIND of game it is. What's the genre? I've only known Monolith's expertise when it comes to action RPGs (Xenoblade Chronicles) and open-world action adventure games (they had a big hand in Breath of The Wild and Tears of The Kingdom, did they not?).

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

What bothers me is we don't even know exactly what KIND of game it is. What's the genre? I've only known Monolith's expertise when it comes to action RPGs (Xenoblade Chronicles) and open-world action adventure games (they had a big hand in Breath of The Wild and Tears of The Kingdom, did they not?).

I mean, they haven't said anything on their next project and we'll probably know of it only when it's not too far from release.

I wouldn't bother myself with such questions really. At worst, you can just tell yourself it'll be some kind of adventure RPG game anyway since that's in their cords. Not a guarantee though, but likely.

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I mean, they haven't said anything on their next project and we'll probably know of it only when it's not too far from release.

I wouldn't bother myself with such questions really. At worst, you can just tell yourself it'll be some kind of adventure RPG game anyway since that's in their cords. Not a guarantee though, but likely.

True, but it's always nice to see devs try their hands at other genres.

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

True, but it's always nice to see devs try their hands at other genres.

They've also made a couple of crossover games, Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone 1 and 2. Those are grid-based tactical RPGs.

Eagerly awaiting TTYD sales numbers. I hope from Thursday-Sunday it's already outsold the lifetime sales of the GCN original even if that's a bold prediction.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Eagerly awaiting TTYD sales numbers. I hope from Thursday-Sunday it's already outsold the lifetime sales of the GCN original even if that's a bold prediction.

I mean, the GameCube didn't have nearly the install base the Switch has, so there's a chance. :)