By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Dulfite said:
curl-6 said:

Nice to see them taking a gap year and not releasing Pokémon Legends Z-A til 2025, hopefully it benefits from extra time in the oven. Their insistence on releasing games every year was killing the quality of their output.

Seems likely it will be crossgen with Switch 2.

I'm fully convinced it would have come out this year but got delayed to next year due to the next gen console delay. If the rumors are true, then Nintendo was planning Switch 2 for this year at some point, and I'm confident GF would have released this game when the console launched, but since the console got delayed it has forced GF to delay, which is why for the first time since 2015 we won't have a major new Pokemon game or expansion  this year.

I don't think this is GF willingly trying to polish the game more. I think it's all about next gen launch.

Regardless, if more time to polish up the next generation of Pokemon and the next Nintendo system before releasing them, then I'm all for it.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

I'm fully convinced it would have come out this year but got delayed to next year due to the next gen console delay. If the rumors are true, then Nintendo was planning Switch 2 for this year at some point, and I'm confident GF would have released this game when the console launched, but since the console got delayed it has forced GF to delay, which is why for the first time since 2015 we won't have a major new Pokemon game or expansion  this year.

I don't think this is GF willingly trying to polish the game more. I think it's all about next gen launch.

Regardless, if more time to polish up the next generation of Pokemon and the next Nintendo system before releasing them, then I'm all for it.

So so would Pokémon Legends Z-A be the launch title for the successor? And is it still? How many 1st party launch titles will the successor have?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So so would Pokémon Legends Z-A be the launch title for the successor? And is it still? How many 1st party launch titles will the successor have?

Hopefully a lot. One each for Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Metroid, Pokemon and Wario. At least that's what I would prefer.

CaptainExplosion said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Hopefully a lot. One each for Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Metroid, Pokemon and Wario. At least that's what I would prefer.

Nintendo has on numerous occasions delayed launching games that were gold to spread them out. If they have too many games ready by launch, they will delay one or more to fill other parts.

Plus, this gen is going to be the next big leap (last one was Wii U over Wii) so their teams probably will need more time to adjust. 

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo has on numerous occasions delayed launching games that were gold to spread them out. If they have too many games ready by launch, they will delay one or more to fill other parts.

Plus, this gen is going to be the next big leap (last one was Wii U over Wii) so their teams probably will need more time to adjust. 

Big leaps hardware-wise?

Around the Network

I'm glad they didnt announce Gen 10 games or Gen 5 remakes.

Save those for the successor.

Unless I'm forgetting something, I believe this is the first major 2025 title confirmed for Switch.
Pokémon often sticks around very late in the life of Nintendo handhelds, such as Ultra Sun/Moon on 3DS in 2017 after the Switch came out, and Black and White 2 on DS after the 3DS was out, so it's not too surprising, but interesting nonetheless.

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That's good news. Here's my early prediction for successor line up

Pokémon Legends Z-AB/C (Mar 2025)
3D MarioLaunch (Mar 2025)
Tech DemoLaunch (Mar 2025)
Mario KartMay 2025
Mario PartyJun 2025
3D DKSept 2025
Outsource Pokémon remakeNov 2025
Smash BrosApr 2026
Pikmin 5Jun 2026
Gen 10 PokémonNov 2026

Prediction will change & more games will be released in-between some mentioned dates.

Would anyone else like to make some predictions?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

Big leaps hardware-wise?

Yes, so their dev teams will have a hard time adjusting to the new power, just like they did early on with Wii U.

Dulfite said:

If they only release it on Switch 1, only on Switch 2, or cross gen: "That's what we meant the whole time!"

My bet is a cross gen release. But I don't think there is any hidden hints for the successor in that announcement 

We reap what we sow