By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

One thing that should have been in F-Zero 99 is making some of the machines from F-Zero X playable. It'd been fun to see a 16-bit style White Cat or Red Gazelle.

Around the Network

Imo, I'm still on the "bandwagon" for early March 2025. I think what they showed for the first half of next year is more than solid enough and they'll prolly have further software of variety to announce during the winter Direct and on summer time. Sure, I'm not expecting huge bombs to be released anymore but their AA and side catalog will have the place to shine all the brighter now.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Nah the last 2 directs have been pretty clear. It's the end of the line. They're using FSR for some stuff to even look presentable. They pushed the Switch as far as they could in every way. MK 1 shows even 3rd parties are wanting something better. They are already making clearing stock bundles for reg Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Would anyone wanna see a Nintendo biopic?

Yeah with this last Direct especially, it's clear the Switch is in its twilight. Everything releasing after Mario Bros Wonder next month is a remaster, remake, or small scale project. They've clearly shifted their development resources to the next console.

The Switch is over 6 and a half years old now; by this point the Wii had been replaced for six months already, the Wii U for a whopping 2 years 2 months, 3DS for 7 months, even DS for 3 months.

Switch has had a great run, but eventually it comes time to move on. If they've planned the transition well, we'll see the replacement sooner rather than later; it's best to shift gears while your brand is still hot rather than wait for people to tire of it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yeah with this last Direct especially, it's clear the Switch is in its twilight. Everything releasing after Mario Bros Wonder next month is a remaster, remake, or small scale project. They've clearly shifted their development resources to the next console.

The Switch is over 6 and a half years old now; by this point the Wii had been replaced for six months already, the Wii U for a whopping 2 years 2 months, 3DS for 7 months, even DS for 3 months.

Switch has had a great run, but eventually it comes time to move on. If they've planned the transition well, we'll see the replacement sooner rather than later; it's best to shift gears while your brand is still hot rather than wait for people to tire of it.

Also worth mentioning that Wii ran out of steam waaaay before it was replaced so the Switch's run is very impressive.

Signature goes here!

Finished Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS.

What a magnificent game. Cant believe I never played this gem (had the PS2 and iOS version before that).

Game: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Genre: RPG
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
System: Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
Year of Release: 2017
Length of Playthrough: 81 Hours
Score: 98 out of 100

I like the QoL add ons (that I read up the differences between this and the PS2 version)

+No random encounters, monsters can be seen and avoided
+Faster battle animation option
+Alchemy pot (item creation) is instant and you can make more than 1 type of item unlike the PS2 version where you can only create 1 and it takes time

The only downsides from what I read up (which I didnt realize because I never played the original)

-Censored costumes
-Altered cutscenes (2-3 of them)
-One of the main characters VA got replaced
-3DS version music isnt orchestral

Also comparison to the rest of the series I played.....

Dragon Quest I (NES): 62
Dragon Quest II (NES): 65
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS): 98

Other than that, excited to try out the rest of the series. I'm going to play through the following in mind for the future

Dragon Quest I (NS)
Dragon Quest II (NS)
Dragon Quest III (NS)
Dragon Quest IV (DS)
Dragon Quest V (DS)
Dragon Quest VI (DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) - yes gonna play the PS2 version
Dragon Quest IX (DS)
Dragon Quest XI (PS4 or PC - havent decided which one to play first even though I have it on Switch too)

Anyways, gonna take a break from the 3DS and the next portable game to be added to my "to play" list will be Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster on the Switch.

Seriously, would anyone here wanna see a Nintendo biopic if one was made?

CaptainExplosion said:

You mean a movie about the history of Nintendo? Sure. I know about much of it, but a documentary or something could be cool.

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You mean a movie about the history of Nintendo? Sure. I know about much of it, but a documentary or something could be cool.

Maybe one about Shigeru Miyomoto, we've already gotten a lot of facts about his youth that inspired some of his work, like how exploring caves in the wilderness inspiring Zelda, or how a vicious chained dog lunged at him which inspired the Chain Chomps. It'd be interesting to see how those are recreated for a movie about him.