By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

My final SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker Party - fruits of playing for 80+ hours and doing two playthroughs (Sept and Tri stories)

Around the Network

Is it weird that I wanna see Nintendo try their had at survival horror again?

Trine 5 announced, coming to Switch this (north hemisphere) summer:

In a Metroid movie, should Ridley have a voice, or no? Can they fully convey how inhumanly evil he is without actual dialogue?

CaptainExplosion said:

What survival horror game did they make again?

curl-6 said:

Damn, already 5 games? I remember getting 1 and 2 in a bundle years ago - never played it though.

CaptainExplosion said:

In a Metroid movie, should Ridley have a voice, or no? Can they fully convey how inhumanly evil he is without actual dialogue?

Did Ridley ever have any dialogue? I never properly played/finished a Metroid game.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What survival horror game did they make again?

curl-6 said:

Damn, already 5 games? I remember getting 1 and 2 in a bundle years ago - never played it though.

CaptainExplosion said:

Did Ridley ever have any dialogue? I never properly played/finished a Metroid game.

Not a game they made, but Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem was a GameCube exclusive.

No Ridley didn't have any dialogue in the games, but in some Metroid adaptations he did, where he explicitly stated how much he enjoyed killing Samus' parents in front of her.

CaptainExplosion said:

Can they fully convey how inhumanly evil he is without actual dialogue?

Yes.

Actually the thing I would hope for the most in a Metroid movie, is for it to be able to convey as much as possible with as little dialogue as possible. I'd love to see an extended segment of the movie be just, Samus on a mission in Zebes or whatever, and it's just her and the hostile environment, no dialogue. It's definitely possible to make it compelling without words, or at least with few words. Mad Max: Fury Road did it well.

CaptainExplosion said:

In a Metroid movie, should Ridley have a voice, or no?

It'd be weird to see him speaking in English, to say the least. Maybe not as weird if he spoke in a made up space pirate language, but they wouldn't do that. Probably best to just not give him a voice at all, since it's so probably they'll get it wrong. Then again, they'll likely get the movie wrong as a whole, if it ever happens.

"The controversial boss of Nintendo's Russian division has reportedly set up a secondary company to import and sell Nintendo games, skirting the Super Mario maker's official Russian sales ban."

"a report by Russian outlet Kommersant has highlighted the recent sale of Metroid Prime Remastered in Russia by a company named Achivka, which has been set up by Nintendo Russia boss Yasha Haddazhi to import Nintendo games and consoles to Russian game stores. A report by Russian outlet Kommersant has highlighted the recent sale of Metroid Prime Remastered in Russia by a company named Achivka, which has been set up by Nintendo Russia boss Yasha Haddazhi to import Nintendo games and consoles to Russian game stores."

"While it is legal in Russia for anyone to import goods without the manufacturer's approval, the report raises questions over Nintendo's involvement with Achivka, and the extent to which it was aware it was importing Nintendo products into Russia, and being run by its local branch CEO."

Pretty wild, Nintendo halted sales of their product in Russia but the president of Nintendo Russia is importing and selling the games still.

Nintendo Russia CEO running import company to skirt official sales ban - report | Eurogamer.net

Anybody else see the Tears of the Kingdom final trailer?

My body was already ready but this looks like it will be just as good, if not better than Breath of the Wild.

Meta prediction? 94/95. The expectations will douse the love a bit but holy crap it still looks SO good.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Meta prediction? 94/95. The expectations will douse the love a bit but holy crap it still looks SO good.

I've always expected TOTK would be a better game than BOTW. I wasn't completely in love with BOTW like a lot of people and thought there were many things that Nintendo could improve upon on their second attempt. That it was their first game of this type really showed in some areas.

But even though I expect it will be a better game I also expect it will review worse. So 93-95.