By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe if Illumination could prove they could do a more serious movie then I'd trust them with a Zelda movie.

I'd prefer to see Dreamworks do that based on the animation style they used in the latest 'Puss in Boots' movie. Illumination is a bit too cartoony.
Oh, and I'd like to see a Metroid movie done by the 'Into the Spider-verse' team. Although, that seems more like a pipe dream.

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe if Illumination could prove they could do a more serious movie then I'd trust them with a Zelda movie.

I'd prefer to see Dreamworks do that based on the animation style they used in the latest 'Puss in Boots' movie. Illumination is a bit too cartoony.
Oh, and I'd like to see a Metroid movie done by the 'Into the Spider-verse' team. Although, that seems more like a pipe dream.

Definitely a pipe dream, that's Sony Imageworks. SONY Imageworks. No chance of a Nintendo movie from the owner of PlayStation.

CaptainExplosion said:

Definitely a pipe dream, that's Sony Imageworks. SONY Imageworks. No chance of a Nintendo movie from the owner of PlayStation.

Sony's movie firm has a different mindset than their gaming division.

It'll likely be Nintendo who wouldnt want to work with them.

Nintendo went with Comcast/Universal because there's more they can do with them (Like expanding the IP into parks even more than what they have now).

If they go forward with a Zelda, Kirby, DK, etc movie , I can see the parks expanding just to accommodate the interests kinda like how Disney expanded their Marvel and Star Wars IPs into parks.

Pretty sure both the movie and parks were in the works together (between the Mario park and the mario movie I mean).

Last edited by BasilZero - on 09 April 2023

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Sony's movie firm has a different mindset than their gaming division.

It'll likely be Nintendo who wouldnt want to work with them.

Exactly. Especially after the Nintendo PlayStation debacle in 1993, and the now legendary "Hey plumber boy!!" commercials for Crash Bandicoot in 1996.

CaptainExplosion said:

Exactly. Especially after the Nintendo PlayStation debacle in 1993, and the now legendary "Hey plumber boy!!" commercials for Crash Bandicoot in 1996.

I highly doubt these companies are still thinking about stuff like this.

Its the fanbases that are stuck in the past.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I highly doubt these companies are still thinking about stuff like this.

You'd be surprised.

CaptainExplosion said:

You'd be surprised.

I dont think they are as petty as the fanbases, so no.

psychicscubadiver said:

the Berlin scenes had more stupid writing where the club goers continue dancing despite the people getting shot in the head and dudes fighting to the death with axes,

People are on drugs in these types of clubs.

CaptainExplosion said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Sony has released the soundtrack of Xenoblade Chronicles games on CDs. Sony Music subsidiary Aniplex releases games on the Switch. Different Sony subsidiaries act more independently from each other than you think.

My current Pokemon Sword Party - doing Isle of Armor DLC