By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JWeinCom said:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland was kind of a disappointment. I remembered liking it alot but replaying it just felt kind of meh. The levels just felt very basic without any clever gimmicks or puzzles or whatever. And it's easy, even for Kirby. At least in other games like Triple Deluxe or Robobot I had a bit of a challenge getting every collectible. Here everything is just kind of right there for you. And the mega powers are just really boring compared to the hyper nova and robot abilities. Guess I've noone else to blame but myself considering I should have known what I was getting, and it's a perfectly fine port job, but just a bit underwhelmed. I feel like a package with the 3DS games for the price would have been a much fairer value.

On the plus side, it's fun to see some of the old minigames come back. And the Magalor Epilogue is really fun. The levels there are so much more interesting than in the main game, and the customizability part is fun. Kind of wish they just made a full game of that.

Welp, RoT was always meant at the time like a "return to form" for Kirby since it hadn't got a main game since the N64 with the Crystal Shards.

Though, I already noted it as the most antiquated game in the modern-era 2D games at the time, so I'm not going to be surprised if my impressions of it only are "satisfying" at best. 

Anywoo, glad to hear the Magolor Epilogue is a standout part of the game. Reminds me of Allies in Another Dimension DLC from Star Allies where it truly felt like the team truly used the game mechanics at it's best.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Welp, RoT was always meant at the time like a "return to form" for Kirby since it hadn't got a main game since the N64 with the Crystal Shards.

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby: Squeak Squad are mainline Kirby games. RtD was only the first new one in five years.

Kakadu18 said:
Mar1217 said:

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby: Squeak Squad are mainline Kirby games. RtD was only the first new one in five years.

Sorry, I meant mainline game on home consoles. 

Handheld Kirby was doing mighty fine as per usual.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Metroid Prime Remastered getting restocked:
https://gonintendo.com/contents/16840-nintendo-will-restock-metroid-prime-remastered-following-strong-demand

Thank goodness. Guess they're not pulling another Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

It was never going to be a Super Mario 3D All-Stars situation.  That game was announced as a limited run title.  Metroid Prime Remastered had no such announced stock limitation.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yeah, I just checked Amazon Germany and it's back in stock after having been sold out a few days ago.

Could Nintendo be finally remembering the importance of supply and demand?

More likely they simply underestimated initial demand for the physical release.

Renamed said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It was never going to be a Super Mario 3D All-Stars situation.  That game was announced as a limited run title.  Metroid Prime Remastered had no such announced stock limitation.

CaptainExplosion said:

Physical media is more relevant today than companies think.

Around the Network
Renamed said:
CaptainExplosion said:

CaptainExplosion said:

I do wonder if they were originally planning to announce a mid-late March release for Metroid Prime digital + physical but decided to shadowdrop it with the Direct and test the waters and see how successful it can be and then after doing so just sent what stock they had ready to America which was a lot less than if they did a traditional launch and then the next batch to Europe as we are still waiting for the physical release here.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 01 March 2023

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland was kind of a disappointment. I remembered liking it alot but replaying it just felt kind of meh. The levels just felt very basic without any clever gimmicks or puzzles or whatever. And it's easy, even for Kirby. At least in other games like Triple Deluxe or Robobot I had a bit of a challenge getting every collectible. Here everything is just kind of right there for you. And the mega powers are just really boring compared to the hyper nova and robot abilities. Guess I've noone else to blame but myself considering I should have known what I was getting, and it's a perfectly fine port job, but just a bit underwhelmed. I feel like a package with the 3DS games for the price would have been a much fairer value.

On the plus side, it's fun to see some of the old minigames come back. And the Magalor Epilogue is really fun. The levels there are so much more interesting than in the main game, and the customizability part is fun. Kind of wish they just made a full game of that.

Though, I already noted it as the most antiquated game in the modern-era 2D games at the time, so I'm not going to be surprised if my impressions of it only are "satisfying" at best. 

Anywoo, glad to hear the Magolor Epilogue is a standout part of the game. Reminds me of Allies in Another Dimension DLC from Star Allies where it truly felt like the team truly used the game mechanics at it's best.

That's probably why I remembered liking it. Because it had been a while since they had a mainline Kirby game on consoles in a while, although they did have some on GBA and DS. And Epic Yarn was awesome.

Magalor's epilogue is good. Short, but with generally interesting levels. If Kirby originally was a Mario game geared towards beginners, Magalor Epilogues is kind of like... I dunno Mega Man Zero for beginners? There's probably a better comparison but it's like a Kirbified version of an action platformer. 

Indie action game Strayed Lights launches on Switch 25th of April, new gameplay trailer

Renamed said:
CaptainExplosion said:

CaptainExplosion said:

3D All-Stars didn't even have stock limitation, it was only time limited. They shipped copies out up until the very last moment so that 60k copies ended up being shipped after March 31st.

MK8 Booster Pass Wave 4 hits on the 9th of March