By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh yeah, that's hot.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifm8tpcO4vw&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Nintendo

Oof!

I'm in!

?

That's neat!

I'm not really that found of this kind of hack and slash gameplay, but if this game provide a good and long playthrough (maybe 30 hours) and a good story to complement the original game I'm really considering the purchase 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 08 September 2020

Honestly, Hyrule Warriors wasn't my thing at all. I didn't care for Dynasty Warriors or any big hack and slash games like that (I prefer my combat weighty and tactical like Dark Souls or the newest God of War or even Breath of the Wild). But this? This is the only way one could get me into the hack and slash genre. The story to Breath of the Wild was pretty simple on its own, but the backstory sounded fun, so being able to get in on that and play as the champions? Perfect melding of story, world, and gameplay.

I'm in. I just hope the PS5 doesn't completely drain my funds.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I feel like I'm pretty much in the opposite camp of a lot of people on VGC and in the gaming news sphere. I actually had no issue with Hyrule Warriors because it was a self-contained spinoff that just utilized the Zelda IP to provide a neat fan-service type of game to people who enjoyed the Warriors gameplay style. For this one, I actually feel the practice to be almost exploitative in a way because Nintendo was intentionally sparse on details for the original Breath of the Wild and are now playing on people's desires for more info and backstory to get them to buy a Warriors game, which given the series' sales history has a niche appeal on its own. I was annoyed at the initial reveal honestly for those reasons, and I'm still annoyed by it now. I probably won't be getting it because at the end of the day it's still a Warriors game and I really don't feel like tolerating the gameplay to get the extra story bits.

Raven said:
I feel like I'm pretty much in the opposite camp of a lot of people on VGC and in the gaming news sphere. I actually had no issue with Hyrule Warriors because it was a self-contained spinoff that just utilized the Zelda IP to provide a neat fan-service type of game to people who enjoyed the Warriors gameplay style. For this one, I actually feel the practice to be almost exploitative in a way because Nintendo was intentionally sparse on details for the original Breath of the Wild and are now playing on people's desires for more info and backstory to get them to buy a Warriors game, which given the series' sales history has a niche appeal on its own. I was annoyed at the initial reveal honestly for those reasons, and I'm still annoyed by it now. I probably won't be getting it because at the end of the day it's still a Warriors game and I really don't feel like tolerating the gameplay to get the extra story bits.

Oh, I never had a problem with it, I just don't care for hack and slash gameplay. It's not bad, I just prefer a different kind of game. 

that said, all through playing Breath of the Wild I wanted to experience the war prior to the 100-year-rest. This is giving me that, and since the story itself looks so good, I think it'll balance what I want very well! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

It seems to me like. intendo is slowly trying to drop Directs

I mean between this, the Mario Direct, and the Partners’ showcases, that’s more than enough content to have a general Direct.

But whatever. Still hyped for this one!
Now if we can just get the new Pokémon Snap or Bravely Default 2 for December than this year will be all set.

Finally, an announcement of a new game I'd actually play. Now just gimme a release date for Doom Eternal dammit, and I'll consider 2020 redeemed.

Heck, if Immortals: Fenyx Rising indeed arrives on the 3rd of December, this could go from being one of the most barren years ever for me, to having so many games coming out in the last few months I won't have time to play them all, lulz.

curl-6 said:

Finally, an announcement of a new game I'd actually play. Now just gimme a release date for Doom Eternal dammit, and I'll consider 2020 redeemed.

Heck, if Immortals: Fenyx Rising indeed arrives on the 3rd of December, this could go from being one of the most barren years ever for me, to having so many games coming out in the last few months I won't have time to play them all, lulz.

Who knew it would only take one new game, a late port and a mediocre Ubisoft game to turn around 2020 from the worst thing in human existence to just pretty good.