By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mar1217 said:

Huh ? Why did you sold your N64 of all things ?!!

Well. Mostly because most of the great Nintendo 64 games have had re-releases on other platforms.
Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark? Xbox.
StarFox and Ocarina of time? 3DS.
Mario Kart and Harvest Moon? Switch. (Which is next on the list.)

And being a 240P console with composite... The games really do look like ass.
There is also the hope for a Nintendo 64 classic next year to fill in the gaps, which will sit alongside my SNES and NES Classic consoles... I am running out of room! :P

Mar1217 said:

1. As for the RPG's on the system : 

- Mario & Luigi Dream Team/Paper Jam/Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

- Etrian Odyssey IV/V/Untold : The Millenium Girl/Untold II

- Shin Megami Tensei IV/IV: Apocalypse

- Bravely Default/Second

- The Legend of Legacy

- Persona Q

- Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates/Echoes

- Pokémon X/Y,Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby, Sun/Moon

- Yokai Watch/2

Other than Mario and Pokemon... Literally never heard of those titles before, haha!
I'll check them out. :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Mar1217 said:

2. You should probably go check on Amazon or Ebay if can't find the games you want at your EB Games.

I've been keeping an eye on the Ebays. Mostly waiting on someone to throw up a heap of decent games that I have actually heard of... All at once. Haha

Platina said:

- Pokemons: get this one out of the way, can't go wrong with any of the mainline DS/3DS games

Last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Red/Blue like 20 years ago.  It was already on the list after I gobbled up some N64 re-releases.
I do remember the game being like Cocaine though.

Platina said:

- Fire Emblem: Awakening/Fates is where many joined in the series, both are good. FE Echoes is a remake of FE 2 (Gaiden), which happens to be my favourite 3DS FE game. Shadow Dragon and New Mystery (JP) for DS is remake of FE1 and FE3, both featuring Marth. I enjoyed them, but many others didn't really like them as much

- The World Ends With You (DS): My all time favourite DS game, and is more of an Action-RPG. Really unique, with you controling one character on the bottomg screen and anther on the top. Amazing story and art direction as well. Highly recommended

- Rune Factory: my personal favourite RPG series, RF1-3 for DS and RF4 are all great games, but I would recommend RF4 for 3DS as they fixed and improved on issues from the previous games. A Harvest Moon game with RPG, like Stardew

- Etrians: EO2-3 for DS is good but EO2 is really hard if you want the challenge. For 3DS, you can't go wrong with any of the games, and I'm sure EO V will be just as good. EO Untold 1 and 2 are 'remakes' of the first 2 games, but the whole map design is different. Requires map drawing and battling enemies. Sounds boring but is actually pretty engaging

- Final Fantasy: 3 and 4 remake for DS are great remakes especially if you didn't play the originals

- FF Tactics A2: (DS) Is a turn based tactics game and is really fun

- Dragon Quest: IX (DS) is my personal favourite, but the other remakes V (DS) , VII (3DS), VIII (3DS) are also great. Classic JRPG at its finest

- Disgaea DS: If you like Disgaea

- Tales of the Abyss: (3DS) Is a solid Tales port, but the DS games are JP only

- Chrono Trigger (DS): Self explanatory

- Radiant Historia (DS/3DS): More niche but is still really fun. Turn based, but has a neat turn altering mechanic

- Luminous Arc/Stella Glow (DS/3DS): Turn based, much like FF Tactics

- Bravely: If you like a classic JRPG and don't mind a bad story, then this game can be really enjoyable as the JRPG elements are great

Chrono Trigger was a must especially after having it on the SNES. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out and put them on the list of titles to grab. :)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Am I the only one who's seriously frustrated with how bad Nintendo is keeping stock of 3DS games?

Star Fox 64 3D is STILL out of regular stock on amazon, Kid Icarus Uprising I swear didn't have stock until just now ... and sometimes I have a hard time even finding Kirby Triple Deluxe

Like the Switch is out and i'm stressing over how much of the DS/3DS games I can find lol

That's my frustration too. 3DS games are pretty scarce at most retailers here.
Though, the retailers that do stock a decent range of 3DS titles... All have StarFox and is actually pretty decently priced at only $30 AUD.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
guiduc said:
TomaTito said:

And what some crazy people do in BotW

Malayan will rain fire down from above.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Pemalite said:
Am I the only one who's seriously frustrated with how bad Nintendo is keeping stock of 3DS games?

Star Fox 64 3D is STILL out of regular stock on amazon, Kid Icarus Uprising I swear didn't have stock until just now ... and sometimes I have a hard time even finding Kirby Triple Deluxe

Like the Switch is out and i'm stressing over how much of the DS/3DS games I can find lol

That's my frustration too. 3DS games are pretty scarce at most retailers here.
Though, the retailers that do stock a decent range of 3DS titles... All have StarFox and is actually pretty decently priced at only $30 AUD.

Well from my experience the least scarce one has been Kirby, which I've seen on store shelves numerous times. But I swear every time I actively looked for it *online* I couldn't find it

Kid Icarus i've seen like ... twice in stores? At least after I got my 3DS it seemed like Nintendo stopped putting them on shelves

I'm pretty sure i've never seen Star Fox 64 on store shelves, maybe like once. That's the rarest one on my end at least ... 

Of course sometimes I feel like i'm going crazy, because I could have sworn two christmas's ago Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi's Island were also somewhat hard to find, and now apparently they're cheap as heck Nintendo selects xD

I guess it's really a good thing more then anything that there's so many games .. but more restocks would be nice!

The issue is probably mostly resolved by now ... so I look like a madman!!! But when I used my 3DS all the time, yeah, it was an issue for me personally

Nobody here from Europe want Metroid 2 GB for the 3DS? Just seems like a shame to not use the code...

KLXVER said:
Nobody here from Europe want Metroid 2 GB for the 3DS? Just seems like a shame to not use the code...

Not sure if it would work for me as I am in Australia. (Although a PAL region lumped in with Europe.)

I guess it's really a good thing more then anything that there's so many games .. but more restocks would be nice!

The issue is probably mostly resolved by now ... so I look like a madman!!! But when I used my 3DS all the time, yeah, it was an issue for me personally

Good thing about building collections is that... It's okay to take your time. Haha

I literally hardly ever see 3DS games up for second hand sale here which is always a good go-to for building up a backlog on the cheap.
I walk into EB Games here and there is literally hundreds of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 titles... And a non-existent amount of DS and 3DS titles, hoping that changes as Nintendo moves away from the 3DS and embraces the Switch.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Panic Button (among others) talks about developing for Switch. Some tidbits on porting Doom:

"It’s been hard," Creighton says. "Wicked hard. But I would expect it to be. This is a title that is so frenetic and action-packed and gameplay-pure that getting it to work correctly on the hardware is really important to us, and we spend a lot of time trying to make sure it measures up from the lens of ‘does it feel like Doom?’”

And for Creighton, the Switch offers him something both as a gamer, and as a developer. 

"As a gamer, I like the hardware," Creighton says. "A lot. A lot. A lot. As a developer, I’m grateful to be bringing games people don’t expect to the hardware, and when they’re announced, people say 'Wha–?!' and then 'Oh, that makes total sense.' This might sound defensive, but I’m bummed some gamers focus on framerate or resolution, and don’t focus on, 'Is it fun?' or 'Does gameplay feel good?' I know we’re working hard to bring quality games to the hardware for which we develop. To make them enjoyable on the TV. To make them enjoyable on the go. I’m proud of my team. We’re working hard, we’re not cutting corners, and we’re not leaving anything on the table."

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-big-story-here-is-how-much-better-it-is-than-nintendos-previous-consoles-what-its-really-like-making-games-for-nintendo-switch/

I'm kinda surprised Mario and Rabbids is already out of the top 10 on the eshop.

Anyone else bought FE Warriors? So far the 1 think I hate is how bland the UI is. I wish it had a theme one like in Hyrule Warriors.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

curl-6 said:

Panic Button (among others) talks about developing for Switch. Some tidbits on porting Doom:

"It’s been hard," Creighton says. "Wicked hard. But I would expect it to be. This is a title that is so frenetic and action-packed and gameplay-pure that getting it to work correctly on the hardware is really important to us, and we spend a lot of time trying to make sure it measures up from the lens of ‘does it feel like Doom?’”

And for Creighton, the Switch offers him something both as a gamer, and as a developer. 

"As a gamer, I like the hardware," Creighton says. "A lot. A lot. A lot. As a developer, I’m grateful to be bringing games people don’t expect to the hardware, and when they’re announced, people say 'Wha–?!' and then 'Oh, that makes total sense.' This might sound defensive, but I’m bummed some gamers focus on framerate or resolution, and don’t focus on, 'Is it fun?' or 'Does gameplay feel good?' I know we’re working hard to bring quality games to the hardware for which we develop. To make them enjoyable on the TV. To make them enjoyable on the go. I’m proud of my team. We’re working hard, we’re not cutting corners, and we’re not leaving anything on the table."

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-big-story-here-is-how-much-better-it-is-than-nintendos-previous-consoles-what-its-really-like-making-games-for-nintendo-switch/

It being "wicked hard" to port the game over isn't exactly what people want to hear, but yeah it's to be expected.

I call bullshit on the framerate part, though.

curl-6 said:

It being "wicked hard" to port the game over isn't exactly what people want to hear, but yeah it's to be expected.

Well yeah, a game designed to push PS4/Xbone is naturally going to be hard to port to a considerably less powerful platform, nobody should be surpised to hear that.