Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

https://gonintendo.com/stories/354151-platinum-says-astral-chain-has-been-a-big-success-ip-is-co-own

Platinum says Astral Chain has been a "big success" that they're "very, very pleased with" and that "it’s an IP that’s owned half by Platinum and half by Nintendo. ...Ultimately it’s Nintendo’s call (if the game hits other platforms), not ours. They own the publishing rights to Astral Chain so really we have no say in that matter."

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 February 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/354151-platinum-says-astral-chain-has-been-a-big-success-ip-is-co-own

Platinum says Astral Chain has been a "big success" that they're "very, very pleased with" and that "it’s an IP that’s owned half by Platinum and half by Nintendo. ...Ultimately it’s Nintendo’s call (if the game hits other platforms), not ours. They own the publishing rights to Astral Chain so really we have no say in that matter."

Also it's relative success means Nintendo could be less inclined to let such a valuable new IP go away.

TW101 port is litteraly a chance reinvigorate interest in the IP.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and what is looking to be the definitive version of Devil May Cry 3, the triforce of action games all in one system, good times.



Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/354151-platinum-says-astral-chain-has-been-a-big-success-ip-is-co-own

Platinum says Astral Chain has been a "big success" that they're "very, very pleased with" and that "it’s an IP that’s owned half by Platinum and half by Nintendo. ...Ultimately it’s Nintendo’s call (if the game hits other platforms), not ours. They own the publishing rights to Astral Chain so really we have no say in that matter."

Also it's relative success means Nintendo could be less inclined to let such a valuable new IP go away.

TW101 port is litteraly a chance reinvigorate interest in the IP.

I'll gladly buy the Switch port!!



Wow, 8 days without comments on this thread. Well, let's revive him by asking something.

I once seemed to read that the problem of long times in the releases of Nintendo games in the early years of Wii U was caused because Nintendo had trouble adapting to the development of its games in Full HD. I'm not sure how true it is but if it were like that, wouldn't Nintendo have the same problem with 4K? hence it surprises me that people think that Nintendo could try 4k in a "Switch pro". It would be too soon, right?

Obviously, in recent years Nintendo has shown that it doesn't care about power (And I really don't care too), my question is not so focused if Nintendo is interested or if the Switch is capable of, rather it is focused on itself Nintendo would be able to develop in 4k without problems or the transition to a new resolution would be a problem. 

I do not know if the question is too stupid but in terms of 4k and technical aspects, I am completely ignorant.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 12 February 2020

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network
alejollorente10 said:
Wow, 8 days without comments on this thread. Well, let's revive him by asking something.

I once seemed to read that the problem of long times in the releases of Nintendo games in the early years of Wii U was caused because Nintendo had trouble adapting to the development of its games in Full HD. I'm not sure how true it is but if it were like that, wouldn't Nintendo have the same problem with 4K? hence it surprises me that people think that Nintendo could try 4k in a "Switch pro". It would be too soon, right?

I do not know if the question is too stupid but in terms of 4k and technical aspects, I am completely ignorant.

Unfortunately I can't give you a good answer, but it would be need to see a 4K capable Switch.

Still wishing for a new Nintendo Direct already. -_-



alejollorente10 said:

Wow, 8 days without comments on this thread. Well, let's revive him by asking something.

I once seemed to read that the problem of long times in the releases of Nintendo games in the early years of Wii U was caused because Nintendo had trouble adapting to the development of its games in Full HD. I'm not sure how true it is but if it were like that, wouldn't Nintendo have the same problem with 4K? hence it surprises me that people think that Nintendo could try 4k in a "Switch pro". It would be too soon, right?

Obviously, in recent years Nintendo has shown that it doesn't care about power (And I really don't care too), my question is not so focused if Nintendo is interested or if the Switch is capable of, rather it is focused on itself Nintendo would be able to develop in 4k without problems or the transition to a new resolution would be a problem. 

I do not know if the question is too stupid but in terms of 4k and technical aspects, I am completely ignorant.

They will eventually of course, but I wouldn't expect them to bother with 4k until 2 Gens from now. Switch is barely capable of 1080p/60fps. The jump to 4k isn't as big of a difference so I don't expect them to have any development problems.



Lonely_Dolphin said:
alejollorente10 said:

Wow, 8 days without comments on this thread. Well, let's revive him by asking something.

I once seemed to read that the problem of long times in the releases of Nintendo games in the early years of Wii U was caused because Nintendo had trouble adapting to the development of its games in Full HD. I'm not sure how true it is but if it were like that, wouldn't Nintendo have the same problem with 4K? hence it surprises me that people think that Nintendo could try 4k in a "Switch pro". It would be too soon, right?

Obviously, in recent years Nintendo has shown that it doesn't care about power (And I really don't care too), my question is not so focused if Nintendo is interested or if the Switch is capable of, rather it is focused on itself Nintendo would be able to develop in 4k without problems or the transition to a new resolution would be a problem. 

I do not know if the question is too stupid but in terms of 4k and technical aspects, I am completely ignorant.

They will eventually of course, but I wouldn't expect them to bother with 4k until 2 Gens from now. Switch is barely capable of 1080p/60fps. The jump to 4k isn't as big of a difference so I don't expect them to have any development problems.

Agreed! I don't think they will do 4k until two gens from now. Then, everyone will have e at least 4k TV's (and some 8k). Also the tech will be cheaper to build a 4k producing system. I just want them to keep floating around that $300 mark anytime they release something. $350 didn't work for Wii U and $250 was too much for a handheld (3DS). $300, between those numbers, for a device that does home and handheld gaming is great.

And yeah they do take longer to get used to those big visual jumps. I'd rather they produce more games at a level they are comfortable with than a much slower release of games using tech they haven't gotten used to yet.



WHERE IS MY DIRECT NINTENDO?!?!?



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
WHERE IS MY DIRECT NINTENDO?!?!?

Miyamoto has it in the same place he keeps Pikmin 4.