By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Anyone else surprised Bayonetta 3 barely sold over 1 million units the entire holiday season? With how much supposed hype there was leading up to launch, especially after so many years since the initial teaser, I expected much more. I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise gets put on ice.

That's more than I expected. The series never sold well, but holds the status of a cult favorite. Hence lots of hype with not much to show for it on the commercial side.

I don't think sales matter too much for the IP's future. Nintendo views it as one of those games that aren't typical Nintendo fare, so there's a reason for them to keep it around despite low profitability on its own. The series' future depends much more on if Kamiya wants to make another one, and seeing that we'll get a Bayonetta spinoff next month, the chances are quite good that there will be a Bayonetta 4 this decade. Yes, that's a rather long timeframe, but the timespan between the releases of B2 and B3 was long too.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

What surprises me is, after having just finished GoldenEye on Xbox One I saw the credits still mentioned Nintendo. Either a mistake, or Xbox making a nod to the game's original publisher.

gtotheunit91 said:

Anyone else surprised Bayonetta 3 barely sold over 1 million units the entire holiday season? With how much supposed hype there was leading up to launch, especially after so many years since the initial teaser, I expected much more. I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise gets put on ice.

You expected much more? It not only instantly caught up to Bayo 2 but also sold all of them at full price and seemingly not severely overshipped like the original Bayonetta was. That's a huge success for the franchise. It's back from the dead.

I didn't expect it to already top 1mil.

CaptainExplosion said:

What surprises me is, after having just finished GoldenEye on Xbox One I saw the credits still mentioned Nintendo. Either a mistake, or Xbox making a nod to the game's original publisher.

Pretty sure it's because both publishers needed to agree on it's legal release for that to happen. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Anywoo, any "strong" wishes for the Direct tomorrow ?

I think it'd be fun to see Nintendo giving another go at Star Fox, breaking it's arcade rail-shooter origin to something else.
Basically, making a better attempt at Assault

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I just wanna see Tears of the Kingdom.
Like, really see what it's about, not these annoying brief teasers we've gotten so far that show bugger all.
Give us a proper, full length trailer that shows what makes it distinct from BOTW.

Tomodachi. Not because I really care about that franchise, I really don't, but because I want to see more 10mil sellers on the Switch and this is a prime candidate.

Mar1217 said:

Anywoo, any "strong" wishes for the Direct tomorrow ?

I think it'd be fun to see Nintendo giving another go at Star Fox, breaking it's arcade rail-shooter origin to something else.
Basically, making a better attempt at Assault

That, or make it like Star Wars Rogue Squadron. Or better yet, take the open ended gameplay of Starlink and combine it with Star Fox 2 on the SNES.

But most of all I wanna see a new Donkey Kong in the Direct tomorrow. DK's gonna be a big part of The Super Mario Bros. Movie, so now's the time to bring him back into the mainstream of gaming.

Anyone here want a 6IV Froakie in Scarlet/Violet? Male, Level 1, Modest nature. Functionally perfect.

I was going for 6 IV Female but I managed to make it through nearly 30 males before I got that so I need to give them away.

My Trade code is 77886622 and my in-game name is Talba. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

How much will the Switch end off at? 140-45?