By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

Mario Kart 8 Booster Pass Wave 4 out now

https://gonintendo.com/contents/17285-mario-kart-8-deluxe-updated-to-2-3-0-booster-course-pass-wave-4-now-live

So 5 extra slots for characters...

My guess is Diddy Kong, Pauline, Petey Piranha, Magikoopa and Kirby

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is out now

Kakadu18 said:

Dread Mode in Metroid Dread is like playing the game for the first time again. It's really hard and instead of just blasting through it I need to always be catious.

I recently replayed the game for the first time since November 2021. I had many of the same issues with it as on my very first playthrough, so I don't think it's a great Metroid game. It works better when you know your way around and the enemies' attack patterns, but otherwise it's a frustrating experience.

I played on Beginner mode to test it out, but the damage values hardly differ from Normal mode, so it couldn't mitigate the fundamental problem of the game: Having more energy to work with doesn't matter when it's all about learning the patterns of bosses.

The free DLC made the game worse overall. I have no interest in playing Dread mode and barely more to try out the boss rush modes. Before the DLC, I was done with everything in the game, but now that feeling of satisfaction has been wiped.

Fingers crossed that the Metroid Prime remaster outsells Dread.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

Dread Mode in Metroid Dread is like playing the game for the first time again. It's really hard and instead of just blasting through it I need to always be catious.

I recently replayed the game for the first time since November 2021. I had many of the same issues with it as on my very first playthrough, so I don't think it's a great Metroid game. It works better when you know your way around and the enemies' attack patterns, but otherwise it's a frustrating experience.

I played on Beginner mode to test it out, but the damage values hardly differ from Normal mode, so it couldn't mitigate the fundamental problem of the game: Having more energy to work with doesn't matter when it's all about learning the patterns of bosses.

The free DLC made the game worse overall. I have no interest in playing Dread mode and barely more to try out the boss rush modes. Before the DLC, I was done with everything in the game, but now that feeling of satisfaction has been wiped.

Fingers crossed that the Metroid Prime remaster outsells Dread.

I heavily disagree with everything you said. Literally everything. I can taste the salt emanating from your post.

That said I just got Metroid Prime Remastered and will jump into it once I'm done with my playthrough of the Dread mode.

Kakadu18 said:

I heavily disagree with everything you said. Literally everything. I can taste the salt emanating from your post.

That said I just got Metroid Prime Remastered and will jump into it once I'm done with my playthrough of the Dread mode.

And your post sounds like you've never played Metroid Prime before.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

I haven't.

160rmf said:
curl-6 said:

Mario Kart 8 Booster Pass Wave 4 out now

https://gonintendo.com/contents/17285-mario-kart-8-deluxe-updated-to-2-3-0-booster-course-pass-wave-4-now-live

Kirby?

CaptainExplosion said:
160rmf said:

Kirby?

Yeah, Kirby. The round pinky little thing with a huge mouth. THAT'S MY BOY! KIRBY

It would fit in the line of guest characters 

Last edited by 160rmf - on 10 March 2023

We reap what we sow

Kakadu18 said:
RolStoppable said:

I haven't.

Give it a try, you’ll like it.  My only wish is that they’d added an online mode, like a battle arena (death match, CTF, etc).  I would’ve even paid more had they added that feature.

160rmf said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Kirby?

Yeah, Kirby. The round pinky little thing with a huge mouth. THAT'S MY BOY! KIRBY

It would fit in the line of guest characters 

That's a good idea, but I rather King K. Rool.