By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Runa216 said:

I have used a voucher on it...I am super excited

Same.

I used a voucher on that and Super Mario RPG.

This year is one of the best years in gaming for me - with FFXVI and Zelda ToTK releasing earlier in the year and the FF Pixel remasters releasing on Switch/PS4.

Damn what a good year.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

I have used a voucher on it...I am super excited

Same.

I used a voucher on that and Super Mario RPG.

This year is one of the best years in gaming for me - with FFXVI and Zelda ToTK releasing earlier in the year and the FF Pixel remasters releasing on Switch/PS4.

Damn what a good year.

Exact same set I used them on! 

Also, what a great year it is when I get remakes to my #1 and #2 favourite games of all time. Final Fantasy VI Via Pixel Remaster and Super Mario RPG (yes I know the pixel remaster came out on Steam a year ago but I don't care, I have it on Switch and PS now)

Plus Final Fantasy XVI brought me back to what it felt like playing FFVII, VIII, IX, X, and XII, so that was something special. 

And Octopath Traveler and Theatrythm were both outstanding in ther field.

And Sea of Thieves and Zelda and Mario Wonder and Starfield and Spider-Man and so many others. It's been a hell of a year. Now I just need that Elden Ring DLC to return to The Lands Between and I think I can legit call this the best year for gaming, ever. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Mario Wonder looks phenomenal; I love how much whackiness, creativity, and variety seems to have been poured into it. The spark that's so prominent in games like Mario Galaxy and Odyssey but notably absent from 2D Mario since World looks to be back with a vengeance.

This feels like the game NSMBU should have been.

I was disappointed only that Wario wasn't made playable.

Never been a fan of 3D Mario art style aside from RPG but Wonder has a nice look to Mario. Cute and making him a midget again. With a new game. New VA. Keep the new art style. Midget Mario forever!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

But, it's disappointing they don't have actual online coop for people who may want that. 

I'm betting they are doing it this way so that it will work even if your internet is not great.  This seems more passive, so they can probably just let the ghosts lag and it won't effect your game.  If you could directly interreact, then everything has to synch up much better.  If you have ever played the Mario Maker 2 online multiplayer, you know what I am talking about.  Just 1 person with bad internet turns the whole thing into a lag fest.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
JWeinCom said:

But, it's disappointing they don't have actual online coop for people who may want that. 

I'm betting they are doing it this way so that it will work even if your internet is not great.  This seems more passive, so they can probably just let the ghosts lag and it won't effect your game.  If you could directly interreact, then everything has to synch up much better.  If you have ever played the Mario Maker 2 online multiplayer, you know what I am talking about.  Just 1 person with bad internet turns the whole thing into a lag fest.

Some people would prefer the option even if it's laggy. So leave it in there and let people choose. Or, improve the online functionality. 

We should call out the ridiculous FOMO tactic employed by Take Two hoping people will shell out the new AAA standard money release instead of the wooooping 149 bucks later on !

Anywoo, I may have not played as much as some of the previous years so far but I'll say it again. What a f**king good year of video game this was. It can honestly rival 2017 quite easily in my mind.
Still gotta progress on Zelda, Sea of Stars will have to wait for next year now because they announced the physical release to be in Q1 2024, got a few games I'm waiting for in September + the upcoming Mario's in October and November will do more than nicely on my schedule coupled with the gorgeous Star Ocean Second Story R.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

We should call out the ridiculous FOMO tactic employed by Take Two hoping people will shell out the new AAA standard money release instead of the wooooping 149 bucks later on !

You're talking about the collection that isn't even coming to Switch.