By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who still games on their PS3, 360 or Wii?

Are you still using last gen consoles?

Nope I've moved on to PS4, X1 or Switch. 105 25.80%

I still use my ps3 often. 164 40.29%

I still use my 360 often. 20 4.91%

I still use my Wii often. 40 9.83%

I still use all last gen often. 46 11.30%

See results. 32 7.86%

Total:407
Ka-pi96 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
I do. Just recently got the platinum for Red Dead Redemption.

Interesting, that's something I want to plat soon (ie. before #2 releases) as well. How did you find the online trophies? Were they still easily doable or was the online pretty much dead?

There are still quite a few people playing, but the servers are terrible. Really buggy and you get dropped from them often when playing in a party. 

So the online trophies that should be relatively easy became a major pain in the ass. Also "Posse Up" requires 8 people in a party trying to find people for that one was pretty annoying. 

Around the Network

I'll fire up my Wii occasionally, and I'll be playing it soon for Super Mario Galaxy 2, the next game on my 3D Mario 100%-a-thon in anticipation of Super Mario Odyssey.

Probably 70% - 30% in favour of the 360 compared to the One.

I play a lot of Ninja Gaiden 2 (xbox 360)

I voted ps3 before reading the thread expecting to be in the minority but surprised to see just how popular the ps3 still is.

Around the Network

I was just gaming on my Dreamcast tonight. lol

bonzobanana said:
I voted ps3 before reading the thread expecting to be in the minority but surprised to see just how popular the ps3 still is.

Popular due to the lack of BC of the PS4. For Wii and most 360 games you don't have to keep the old hardware connected ;)

Does playing 360 games on your XB1 count? If so than i am guilty of playing my 360.

PS3 was/is still getting major game releases, big games like Yakuza 5 and Trails of Cold Steel series came out last year, P5 this year, 360 and Wii feel like distant memories, especially the Wii, haven't touched it since 2010.

Pemalite said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Bring ps1 classics to the ps4 right, how hard can it be for that beast to emulate a 33mhz piece of shite :D

Sony didn't include CD support on the Playstation 4.

Microsoft did on the Xbox One though.
Best you could hope for is backwards compatability via software emulation of the Playstation 2 as the Playstation 4 still has DVD support.

For me personally. I still own the original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. So I can play it on the original machine if I wanted to. But usually, I just play it on the latest machine that I can.

For instance most original Xbox games look better on the Xbox 360 due to the Xbox 360's digital interface with my TV, so if I can I'll play it on that.
With original Xbox backwards compatability on Xbox One, looks like I'll be gaming on that exclusively as far as console gaming is concerned.

And on the PC? Well. That's just compatible with everything.

Oh I didn't even mean to bring physical backwards compat onto the system (although that would have been cool) but I mean PS one classics, as in the category of games which the ps3 has when it refers to the playstation one offerings in its store, have bought about 50 of them, need the psvita or ps3 to make use of them though.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive