By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

I really want to get this...having never played a crash game

Around the Network

I've got a couple hours of GTA5 to finish up this evening. Then, I'll be ready for Crash! I'm excited to go back to Crash after 20 years.

Why do we care about review agregates?

If you like it, play it. If you don't, don't.

Your personal opinion is worth as much as one of those reviewers. Don't let them tell you what to think. Find that out yourself.

From what I've seen everyone's major gripe is how "hard" it is.

That instantly makes me disregard the review. These guys are mostly 10 years younger than me, and are used to WAY easier games, so it's hard to take them seriously.

Hell, I'll go one step further.

My first platformer was Super Mario Bros. If difficulty is all it takes to make a game hard and dated, then obviously it doesn't matter. Super Mario Bros must be shit. Super Mario Bros should have TANKED HARD. Lol.

Ignore all the reviews. If you're a Crash fan, you'll love this.

Around the Network
Nem said:

Your personal opinion is worth as much as one of those reviewers. Don't let them tell you what to think. Find that out yourself.

For almost everyone, a review isn't about "telling you what to think".

It's a tool to help them choose how to spend their hard earn money. Most people don't have an infinite amount of money to spend on that hobby, believe it or not.

If it was that easy, everyone would get most every games to see what they're all about... 

Hynad said:
Nem said:

It's a tool to help them choose how to spend their hard earn money. Most people don't have an infinite amount of money to spend on that hobby, believe it or not.

If it was that easy, everyone would get most every games to see what they're all about... 

I've found a good substitute for buying & playing everything to form a buy/pass opinion is gameplay footage on YouTube with commentary, and wonder if that's the case for others. You get a feel for how the game actually plays (not the vertical slices publishers use to advertise), and any wonky controls will probably be expressed by the person commentating.

Hynad said:
Nem said:

Wait for a sale if you aren't sure. You don't need alot of money. It's alot more expensive to buy full price games.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Who gives a fuck what a reviewer thinks about this, its a remaster made for the fans of the first games, its like a present to them. The first games made years ago are hard , real fucking hard and millions of kids beat them, they saying this is too hard is just prrof these reviewers are stupid.

Wait until vivster says: it wouldn't hurt if it gets an easy mode.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I just finished the time trial on The High Road. Got the gold relic after 20 minutes.
Seriously guys, Road To Nowhere was much harder than this one imo. Don't understand why so many people had problems with The High Road.