By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

Signalstar said:
konnichiwa said:

How the hell do people like you do this? After nearly 2,000 trophies I have not platinumed a single game yet alone these difficult monstrosities. I guess I don't hae the patience, motivation or skill. And how did you do all of that in one weekend? How many hours did you put in? What else did you do during that time?

Well I did not had to work on friday and I spend my weekend on Crash, yesterday I put some hours into it and today. Overally my playtime will be around 16 hours for the first one and then 8-12 hours for the others one each.  It is not something I do frequently but I have those moments atleast once a year and overally I only have 30 platinums not that much when you have a PS4 for 3.5 years =p.  I rather ask that question about people who have 1270 platinum trophies XD.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Zkuq said:

I have bad news for you about the later levels in the game... They're not going to get any easier! In fact, they get harder - a lot harder.

By the way, was the level you had trouble with Native Fortress, by any chance?

As a matter of fact, it was. Fuck that level! I am pretty sure the Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow was inspired by this game, or at least  the novel it was based on was.

Wait until you get to slippery climb or the high bridge, you're gonna have so much fun!!!

konnichiwa said:

Great job buddy!
I got the platinum trophy of Crash 2 today. Time trials for Spaced Out, Pack Attack and especially Piston It Away and Cold Hard Crash were pain in the a*s. Next step is platinum trophy of Crash 3!

Signalstar said:
konnichiwa said:

All completed and all platinum phew.

I am of to playing some easier less stressfull games maybe some Dark souls III.

How the hell do people like you do this? After nearly 2,000 trophies I have not platinumed a single game yet alone these difficult monstrosities. I guess I don't hae the patience, motivation or skill. And how did you do all of that in one weekend? How many hours did you put in? What else did you do during that time?

As far as platinum trophies go, it really does just come down to patience for most of them; tap into the spirit of old-timey design where every game over should mean a lesson learned, so keep trying. Sometimes trophies requiring praying to an unforgiving RNGsus or doing well online force it to become a matter of luck and/or skill as well, and that just sucks. (Unless something changed, Elder Scrolls Online has perhaps the most insane plat, as one of the requirements involves you becoming emperor.)

Platting a game within days of release is beyond me. Feels too much like rushing the experience. Heck, I even limit myself to one episode per day for Telltale-like narrative games to avoid blasting through them too quickly.

Signalstar said:
konnichiwa said:

All completed and all platinum phew.

I am of to playing some easier less stressfull games maybe some Dark souls III.

lol it's an addiction. I've earned 51 Platinum trophies this generation alone. I'll have 52 most likely by then end of today. Only have a couple trophies left for Far Cry Primal. 

Around the Network

Holy fuck I feel like snapping the disc in half, Crash 1 is too frustrating..haven´t tried 2 and 3 yet, please don´t be so rage inducing.

Ka-pi96 said:
JGarret said:
Holy fuck I feel like snapping the disc in half, Crash 1 is too frustrating..haven´t tried 2 and 3 yet, please don´t be so rage inducing.

heh, luckily they do get easier. 2 still has some frustrating moments, 3 is just plain easy though.

Yeah just hot coco can be annoying =p.

Lol, it took me about an hour to beat The High Road. People are starting to use a glitch where you can travel over the bridge's rope, but that seems like cheating to me. So I did it old-style XD. I felt really rewarded once I finished the level (Road to Nowhere was pretty tough too). Those were the two levels that gave me some problems, the rest of them rank between easy and normal difficulty imho.

Once I finish the game, I'll work in getting the gold relics (platinum are maybe a bit too much XD) and gems. First, I'm focusing on finishing the game, then coloured gems, white gems and relics at last. 

Volterra_90 said:

Lol, it took me about an hour to beat The High Road. People are starting to use a glitch where you can travel over the bridge's rope, but that seems like cheating to me. So I did it old-style XD. I felt really rewarded once I finished the level (Road to Nowhere was pretty tough too). Those were the two levels that gave me some problems, the rest of them rank between easy and normal difficulty imho.

Once I finish the game, I'll work in getting the gold relics (platinum are maybe a bit too much XD) and gems. First, I'm focusing on finishing the game, then coloured gems, white gems and relics at last. 

Really?? That really is a faithful remake if they kept THAT in the game.

...awful levels though

Volterra_90 said:

Lol, it took me about an hour to beat The High Road. People are starting to use a glitch where you can travel over the bridge's rope, but that seems like cheating to me.

Don't know if it's really a glitch, was in the original game too, and it's actually pretty damn difficult, over the past few days I've tried doing a relic run for a couple of hours using the ropes the entire way so I never stop or slow down, but it's so difficult to not fall off at some point, crash always starts to slide off the damn thing eventually. One set of ropes is fairly easy, but all in one go... I got to the last section once and fell off.... T_T