By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Pro feature list

Barkley said:
Pyro as Bill said:

PCs aren't fast enough to compete with Switch. One of the best things about Switch is reminding everyone why consoles originally trumped computers for gaming.

I believe he meant like laptops? But that still isn't true if you have a high end one. 

Around the Network

Im happy with my Swith in terms of the graphics. Just need bigger buttons on the joycons.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Barkley said:
Pyro as Bill said:

PCs aren't fast enough to compete with Switch. One of the best things about Switch is reminding everyone why consoles originally trumped computers for gaming.

It takes less than 3 seconds to start gaming on Switch. You can win a few races in Mario Kart in the time it takes for PC to boot and Steam to load.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Barkley said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hey, the X1X is apparently smaller than the X1S. Slap a screen on that with a battery... sounds feasible.

MS should do that so they can boast about having the most powerful portable console too.

It would flatten any battery in a minute and you're not going to fit a vapor-chamber cooling solution into a tablet.

It weighs too much, it's much too large, it uses too much power and it generates too much heat.

Yeah, it would be like the Game Gear.

Still cool though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pyro as Bill said:

It takes less than 3 seconds to start gaming on Switch. You can win a few races in Mario Kart in the time it takes for PC to boot and Steam to load.

If your PC is that slow then you don't have an SSD. Literally takes me 10 seconds from pressing the power button to booting steam.

You're vastly exaggerating the Switch too, it takes about 6-8 seconds to boot the OS, BotW takes around 12 seconds to boot, and a further 24 seconds to load your save file.

Around the Network

I want a Switch that is TV only. Replace the joyconz, screen and put in beefier hardware.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Is 1080P on a 6in LCD really going to make a noticeable difference?

If it's like 2 feet away from your face, absolutely.

Barkley said:
Pyro as Bill said:

If your PC is that slow then you don't have an SSD. Literally takes me 10 seconds from pressing the power button to booting steam.

You're vastly exaggerating the Switch too, it takes about 6-8 seconds to boot the OS, BotW takes around 12 seconds to boot, and a further 24 seconds to load your save file.

Impressive, takes me 10 seconds just to type in all my usernames and passwords.

I have an SSD. No internet connection though.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Barkley said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Well it does take more time if you actually need to power on the device.
The Switch is a decently executed device that offers fast, simple pausing of games.
Far more convenient than anything PC side.

Ka-pi96 said:
No screen/battery/joycons.
Pro controller included
500GB harddrive
Global achievement system
Pikachu themed console design
Low price

That's all

I basically want none of this. Nintendo do none of that. Switch TV version is not needed. I do not need another home console that fails in comparisons to the PS4.