By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 & Horizon ZD look so mind blowingly great they have spoiled games for me.

Horizon and uncharted feel like 9th gen games...

Yes, absolutely. 280 39.60%

Kinda but not that much. 123 17.40%

Nah, 8th gen. 212 29.99%

I haven't played either of them... 92 13.01%

Total:707

oh yes, Persona 5 has the best (Anime/Comic-)Artstyle :) (and Story/Characters).@ Hiku

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Dgc1808 said:
That level of detail takes time and resources that other developers aren't willing to risk spending. Quite frankly, I don't want too many developers aiming for this.

Sorry for the very late reply but why exactly is that? I mean, you don't want other developers to shoot for the stars and hopefully land on the moon?

I don't want too many developers risking bankruptcy to make an amazing looking games. I would prefer them to make a fun game that still looks good. Not every dev has the resources like Sony does to create something like Horizon or Uncharted 4.

4 ≈ One

I wouldn't say the PS4 outclasses PC. There's indie games on PC that look like triple A games. However, they show the fucking MASTERY of design that Guerilla games, and Sony's 1st party studios in general, have. Good job Guerilla, good job!

Definitely some of the best graphics ever!

Dgc1808 said:
John2290 said:

Sorry for the very late reply but why exactly is that? I mean, you don't want other developers to shoot for the stars and hopefully land on the moon?

I don't want too many developers risking bankruptcy to make an amazing looking games. I would prefer them to make a fun game that still looks good. Not every dev has the resources like Sony does to create something like Horizon or Uncharted 4.

How much do you think Uncharted 4 cost to make?

I actually think Horizon looks noticeably better than UC4. UC4 is fun though.

Around the Network

Thing is graphics and visuals will always change. And so will fondness for particular games too.

In generations to come the visuals will be merely average compared to future games.

Happens all the time. I remember when Perfect Dark was the best looking game of its time... now... not so much. The game even plays poorly now too.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Hynad said:
Dgc1808 said:

How much do you think Uncharted 4 cost to make?

i don't know. Everything I've read says anywhere between 20-50Million. Where ever it is on that spectrum, that's easy for the likes of Sony, MS, Activision, etc. That sum is not so small for a company like Sega or Capcom though. Things get even harder when we talk about independant studios. I do know that Uncharted would have been cheaper and released earlier if the visual bar was set much lower. I had a lot of fun with Uncharted 4's single player. If it was from an indie studio, the visuals were more inline with Street Fighter 5 but basically the same game, I would have still enjoyed the game. It would have been cheaper, less impressive, but still looked great.

4 ≈ One

still favour art design though. Although horizon had it's moments, some of the graphics were lacking in certain areas. Playing zelda botw on the wiiu, the graphics are blowing me away.

*Sombra's voice* You're easily impressed.

CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
*Sombra's voice* You're easily impressed.

Reviewers seemed to agree with him, so I guess they're easily impressed also. 😸

Probably, sheep tend to follow the herd.