By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 & Horizon ZD look so mind blowingly great they have spoiled games for me.

Horizon and uncharted feel like 9th gen games...

Yes, absolutely. 280 39.60%

Kinda but not that much. 123 17.40%

Nah, 8th gen. 212 29.99%

I haven't played either of them... 92 13.01%

Total:707
CGI-Quality said:

I'll say this, for both Uncharted and Horizon, environments have never been so lush and dense, but they pale in comparison to what's coming (thanks Blake):

What platform is it for to pale in comparison?. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
DonFerrari said:

In what game can I find treasure and kill dinos with this gorgeous environment? Joking, very nice shoot.

Yeah, this should be the norm next gen (consoles included). The Artist/3D Community is always testing scenes like this, trying to figure out where it works and what may kill a machine (I can tell you that foliage and hair remain the biggest cripplers of computer hardware). Some stuff will never make the cut, while others will ( my team is currently working a scene like this, which I'll share later :P )

You are such a crowd pleasing S2

And does the leaves and grass moves naturally with the wind and reacts to animals and humans passing through them? Because on this level of detail and filled environment that would be pretty taxing

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I agree, they look really good. Specially, in Uncharted those Jeep driving parts, wow...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

COKTOE said:
Have both of them. They're still in "the pile".

I have neither, but they're both in my "to buy" pile.  It's a pile nearly as large as my "to play" pile.

CGI-Quality said:
DonFerrari said:

You are such a crowd pleasing S2

And does the leaves and grass moves naturally with the wind and reacts to animals and humans passing through them? Because on this level of detail and filled environment that would be pretty taxing

Ah, yeah, the wonder of trying to animate all of that! In fairness, I'm not an Animator, but I can tell you, for those guys, it's some of the hardest work they'll ever do. 

I made sure to avoid it! Design and Modeling are enough for me.

I loved passing on tall pasture on HZD and seeing it moving around me... and the youtube video posted here for UC4 details were impressive, how much detail they though on the animation and interaction. Imagining it with more power is quite cool.

Can't you do something like that mod that left VGC putting the steps of deving as a modeler? Like making the geometry, puting creating and aplying texture and them maybe simple animation just for the curious of us to admire more the hard work people like you put on our games?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Making me want to play these games again and I have so little time that I really should not go back to games I already finished.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

CladInShadows said:
COKTOE said:
Have both of them. They're still in "the pile".

I have neither, but they're both in my "to buy" pile.  It's a pile nearly as large as my "to play" pile.

It's good to wait most times. Now you can get both of them for reduced prices. I just bought UC4 in May, and Horizon this week. Both were about about 40% off. What isn't helping is that the my PS4 has bascially become my EDF 4.1 machine. 300 hours so far. Only new PS4 game I've started this year is Hitman.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

John2290 said:
COKTOE said:

It's good to wait most times. Now you can get both of them for reduced prices. I just bought UC4 in May, and Horizon this week. Both were about about 40% off. What isn't helping is that the my PS4 has bascially become my EDF 4.1 machine. 300 hours so far. Only new PS4 game I've started this year is Hitman.

You should get on Horizon straight away, you are missing out my man.

I bought it on Monday. I would start playing it, but the I'm going to have to move again after just moving in April, so I don't want to start it, get really into it, and then not be able to play it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

They look great, but I still go back prior generations with no issue. Definitely make me wonder where we'll be at in ten to twenty years when you look back to 1997-2007 compared to now.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Mobile phones

Hey, mobile phones are playing catch up pretty well for what they are sporting. Graphics tend to hit a ceiling for some time before hitting another mark, which in turn gives mobile some time to catch up. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"