By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: relationship with Nintendo is “incredibly strong”

Soundwave said:

I think if not a full blown partnership, MS and Nintendo should consider a "non-aggression pact" as it were where they help each other a bit.

MS gives the Switch a Halo game or two, Rare games for Virtual Console, in return XBox/Windows PC maybe receives some older Metroid Prime titles in 4K.

Nintendo gets the better deal because they have the more valuable franchises (Halo for Metroid is a win for Nintendo), MS gets some nice PR. They're both getting kinda fucked by Sony IMO with Sony pushing devs into exclusivity deals, so they should strike back a bit.

That would be funny, as it would pretty much be an admission by both companies that they see Sony as #1 and unattainable 

Around the Network

We are getting Sea of Thieves right, Phil.
Phil, Phil. Phil?

jonathanalis said:
I can imagine great things happening.
One could help other plataform, and lots of players could choose the 2 plataforms, in a simbiose system.
-Nintendo let VC(NES to GC) games on xbox, let xbox owners subscribe nintendo online service on xbox to earn the monthly games and play them online with xbox and switch users, and switch advertisement in xbox store, or even demos of switch games.
-Xbox publish rare games on switch(and maybe original xbox games) to run natively on switch, and stream xbox one to nintendo switch for live gold members.
lots of xbox one owners would lite to have a switch(where the complete experience of nintendo games are), and switch owners would like to have a xbox one(to play multiplat games on switch screen, good online infrastructure and achievments).

Microsoft making a Scorpio-Dock for Switch upscaling every Switch-game to 4K and allows to play some exclusives.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

3sexty said:
darkenergy said:
The unsecured people on this site is hilarious.

haha yeh it becomes blatantly obvious when the typical same few on this site are quick to pounce on positive Nintendo and XBOX threads. They must be so nervious about this kind of thing or suffer some form of anxiety whenever the news here detracts from their warm 'Sony awsomeness' threads. It's so funny to read actually. I think they need a hug..

Wrong. Phil Spencer has said some pretty bullshit things. You know it and everyone knows it so when he says something like this, is like the boy who cried wolf in best case scenario. It's hard not to associate his comments with idiocy since most of his comments are idiocy. Maybe you be insecure since the Xbox One was a big joke since day one. Go hug your Xbox One.

That's actually about his, not Microsoft's, relationship with Ninty. He eventually started smelling that scapegoat smelly smell that smells smelly (cit.) he's emanating, just as it happened to Mattrick before him, and he's stealthily begging for a new job at Ninty's when MS will finally fire him.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLAMarine said:

What antics and lies are you guys detecting?

He has yet to back anything up. His most recent lie was about the power of the XBOX and it was hilarious. Since there is absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim of "Nintendo and I are the best pals" it's best to assume it's the usual PR dribble.

You know, if you lie once etc...

Why would he back up the statement that "Nintendo and I are the best pals"? That is YOUR statement, not his.

Miyamotoo said:
Banjo in Smash Bros for Switch confirmed. :)

I'd rather see Master Chief in there. Would be cool.

tinfamous12 said:
Good job Microsoft and Phil. Stuff like this is why i love Xbox.

I agree with you!

Reading comments from posters hating on positive news because its not in Sony's favour has been entertaining me all week. Good to see companies working as a team. Looking forward to the future of Xbox/PC and Nintendo.

Nintendo is like one of those nerdy looking glasses girls that just so happens to be hot under the glasses and every jock wants to fuck but are too embarrassed to be that open about the situation.

This guy seems to have addressed everything except his 1st party output. Did no "journalist" ask him the hard questions during E3?

Kyuu said:
I would have gone with "tremendously strong" .. much Trumpier..

The strongest relationships.

dahuman said:

Nintendo is like one of those nerdy looking glasses girls that just so happens to be hot under the glasses and every jock wants to fuck but are too embarrassed to be that open about the situation.

Nintendo: hot nerdy, busty chick, Sony's ex gf.

Microsoft: nerdy shy guy, despite looking nerdy isn't all that intelligent and flunks school, is mad in love with Nintendo but the love isn't reciprocal

Sony: athletic guy with a IQ of 140, studies nuclear physics while also preparing for the Olympics, can get any chick he wants but refuses them

*based on platform popularity and exclusive output