By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: relationship with Nintendo is “incredibly strong”

If this isn't b.s. I can truly see crossover games using Microsoft and Nintendo IP coming only to Xbox and Switch. 1st game up would be a collaboration of Halo and Metroid with intense multiplayer battles and cross network play.

Around the Network

I would like achievements for Switch too, though I don't think Microsoft needs to do it for Nintendo :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Soundwave said:
I get the sense some people are quite nervous about Nintendo-Microsoft have a warmer relations. Hmmm.

The only thing ms could help nintnedo with is online ui so there's nothing really to fear except gen buying them. If Microsoft bought nintnedo the ips  would be screwed.

Soundwave said:

I think if not a full blown partnership, MS and Nintendo should consider a "non-aggression pact" as it were where they help each other a bit.

MS gives the Switch a Halo game or two, Rare games for Virtual Console, in return XBox/Windows PC maybe receives some older Metroid Prime titles in 4K.

Nintendo gets the better deal because they have the more valuable franchises (Halo for Metroid is a win for Nintendo), MS gets some nice PR. They're both getting kinda fucked by Sony IMO with Sony pushing devs into exclusivity deals, so they should strike back a bit.

Even considering GC old games I would say MS would gain more with having those games on X1X (with upped res and textures) than Nintendo would from having downscaled Halo and Gears.

jonathanalis said:
I can imagine great things happening.
One could help other plataform, and lots of players could choose the 2 plataforms, in a simbiose system.
-Nintendo let VC(NES to GC) games on xbox, let xbox owners subscribe nintendo online service on xbox to earn the monthly games and play them online with xbox and switch users, and switch advertisement in xbox store, or even demos of switch games.
-Xbox publish rare games on switch(and maybe original xbox games) to run natively on switch, and stream xbox one to nintendo switch for live gold members.
lots of xbox one owners would lite to have a switch(where the complete experience of nintendo games are), and switch owners would like to have a xbox one(to play multiplat games on switch screen, good online infrastructure and achievments).

Won't happen, Nintendo would helping MS a lot more than it would benefit them.

Machiavellian said:
vivster said:

He has yet to back anything up. His most recent lie was about the power of the XBOX and it was hilarious. Since there is absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim of "Nintendo and I are the best pals" it's best to assume it's the usual PR dribble.

You know, if you lie once etc...

Exactly what did he lie about the power of the X1X.  The specs are right there for all to see, nothing hidden.  Do people just dream up lies and then state them as facts?  Also why do he need to have evidence of his relationship with Nintendo to justify your opinion.  If anything, if he was telling some type of lie I am sure some Nintendo exec would be right oncue to denounce his claim.  Really what do any of us know the business to business relationship any of these companies have.

I guess because you have not liked some of his statements, he is a lier.  There is one thing to not like a person opinion and another to label them as a lier.

That PS4Pro is more of a competitor to X1S (with 200% more power) than to X1X (with 40% less power) due to GPU. Yes not BS, not at all.

3sexty said:
LivingMetal said:

Wrong. Phil Spencer has said some pretty bullshit things. You know it and everyone knows it so when he says something like this, is like the boy who cried wolf in best case scenario. It's hard not to associate his comments with idiocy since most of his comments are idiocy. Maybe you be insecure since the Xbox One was a big joke since day one. Go hug your Xbox One.

Perfect example of an angy post. And its pointless, - all business execs tell things for PR sake and you would be naive  to think otherwise. And in saying that why does it bother you so much that Phil Spencer makes a positive statement about the relationship between his line of business and the competition. Mate he is a business man and is enetitled to make statements about extending business relationships etc etc. So why take it personally? And in regards to me hugging my xbox I think I should give it to someone more in need of one at the moment 😊 there there don't worry yourself too much about Phil and his bad bad so called lies. Terrible Terrible man. How dare he do his job.

Yes, it's quite funny how the devil sony users go on all MS posts to talk bad on it and the saint MS users wouldn't ever do that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:
Shikamo said:

Rare Replay would be welcome

Right, that was a thing. Microsoft should port it and put it on a card. An easy million seller.

Not 100% sure it'd fit in a card. I'm not even sure it all fit on a disc!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
darkenergy said:

You say Phil keeps saying bullshit things but did you heard the reason why Sony won't allow cross play for Minecraft? Their reason is so LOL worthy that it even if Phil's comments are PR BS(which is not) Sony deserves to be called out even more because of that statement. You know what's actually a big joke? People actually defend Sony for this. If there are people who needs a hug it is people like you who are getting screwed over from them.

Yes , not cross play in minecraft is a sin, lets riot at sony headquarters , trow molotov bombs, burn the buildings to the ground, they are scrwing us , they are fucking ruining our lives thoses motherfuckers.all playstation user need a hug so much.

Way to deflect.  He stated their reason for not doing it.  You know the total BS reason that was given instead of the true one which probably would be "It doesn't benifit us so NO".

Machiavellian said:

Exactly what did he lie about the power of the X1X.  The specs are right there for all to see, nothing hidden.  Do people just dream up lies and then state them as facts?  Also why do he need to have evidence of his relationship with Nintendo to justify your opinion.  If anything, if he was telling some type of lie I am sure some Nintendo exec would be right oncue to denounce his claim.  Really what do any of us know the business to business relationship any of these companies have.

I guess because you have not liked some of his statements, he is a lier.  There is one thing to not like a person opinion and another to label them as a lier.

That PS4Pro is more of a competitor to X1S (with 200% more power) than to X1X (with 40% less power) due to GPU. Yes not BS, not at all.

That is not a lie, that is his opinion of how he sees the PS4 Pro in the market.  Whether you agree with his opinion or not is also just your opinion.  A lie would be if he said that the X1X could best a Titan GPU with a I7 CPU.  

If "incredibly strong" is the same as "power of the cloud" or "true 4K" we know how strong it really is.

Machiavellian said:

That is not a lie, that is his opinion of how he sees the PS4 Pro in the market.  Whether you agree with his opinion or not is also just your opinion.  A lie would be if he said that the X1X could best a Titan GPU with a I7 CPU.  

How saying his X1X isn't competing with PS4Pro because it have a 40% stronger GPU but PS4Pro competes with X1S is just opinion and not a blatant lie? And sure as others said, he sure didn't lie on the cloud as well right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:

How saying his X1X isn't competing with PS4Pro because it have a 40% stronger GPU but PS4Pro competes with X1S is just opinion and not a blatant lie? And sure as others said, he sure didn't lie on the cloud as well right?

Won't you blame poor Spencer for the cloud being cloudy!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!