By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: relationship with Nintendo is “incredibly strong”

Libara said:
KLAMarine said:

Way to spoil a warm moment, guys.

That insecurity and desperation has really increased from Spencer post E3, guess MS had a good meh show with no true exclusives announced and he is overcompensating.

Changed that to reflect the truth of the situation.  Spencer knows if XBX isn't an instant hit, Xbox HW is on the line.  MS has already cut spending to that department for advertising and exclusives, timed and real.  HW will be the next thing to go.  So, he's throwing any shit at Sony he can, since their gamers are happy and have little interest in an XBO, and it's not working.  And he's throwing love at Nintendo, hoping their fans will choose the XBO over the PS4 as their 2nd console.  Again, not working.

Around the Network

We've had a lot of reports from this thread, from both sides of the argument.

Stop with the snide attacks on each other. You know who you are.

Phil is such a cool guy.

vivster said:
KLAMarine said:

What antics and lies are you guys detecting?

He has yet to back anything up. His most recent lie was about the power of the XBOX and it was hilarious. Since there is absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim of "Nintendo and I are the best pals" it's best to assume it's the usual PR dribble.

You know, if you lie once etc...

Exactly what did he lie about the power of the X1X.  The specs are right there for all to see, nothing hidden.  Do people just dream up lies and then state them as facts?  Also why do he need to have evidence of his relationship with Nintendo to justify your opinion.  If anything, if he was telling some type of lie I am sure some Nintendo exec would be right oncue to denounce his claim.  Really what do any of us know the business to business relationship any of these companies have.

I guess because you have not liked some of his statements, he is a lier.  There is one thing to not like a person opinion and another to label them as a lier.

I get the sense some people are quite nervous about Nintendo-Microsoft have a warmer relations. Hmmm.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
3sexty said:

haha yeh it becomes blatantly obvious when the typical same few on this site are quick to pounce on positive Nintendo and XBOX threads. They must be so nervious about this kind of thing or suffer some form of anxiety whenever the news here detracts from their warm 'Sony awsomeness' threads. It's so funny to read actually. I think they need a hug..

Wrong. Phil Spencer has said some pretty bullshit things. You know it and everyone knows it so when he says something like this, is like the boy who cried wolf in best case scenario. It's hard not to associate his comments with idiocy since most of his comments are idiocy. Maybe you be insecure since the Xbox One was a big joke since day one. Go hug your Xbox One.

Perfect example of an angy post. And its pointless, - all business execs tell things for PR sake and you would be naive  to think otherwise. And in saying that why does it bother you so much that Phil Spencer makes a positive statement about the relationship between his line of business and the competition. Mate he is a business man and is enetitled to make statements about extending business relationships etc etc. So why take it personally? And in regards to me hugging my xbox I think I should give it to someone more in need of one at the moment 😊 there there don't worry yourself too much about Phil and his bad bad so called lies. Terrible Terrible man. How dare he do his job.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Turkish said:

This guy seems to have addressed everything except his 1st party output. Did no "journalist" ask him the hard questions during E3?

Kyuu said:
I would have gone with "tremendously strong" .. much Trumpier..

The strongest relationships.

dahuman said:

Nintendo is like one of those nerdy looking glasses girls that just so happens to be hot under the glasses and every jock wants to fuck but are too embarrassed to be that open about the situation.

Nintendo: hot nerdy, busty chick, Sony's ex gf.

Microsoft: nerdy shy guy, despite looking nerdy isn't all that intelligent and flunks school, is mad in love with Nintendo but the love isn't reciprocal

Sony: An innocent kid that needs protection from Minecraft players of Nintendo and Microsoft 

*based on that ridiculous PR from Sony LOL.

Fixed

thismeintiel said:
Libara said:

That insecurity and desperation has really increased from Spencer post E3, guess MS had a good meh show with no true exclusives announced and he is overcompensating.

Changed that to reflect the truth of the situation.  Spencer knows if XBX isn't an instant hit, Xbox HW is on the line.  MS has already cut spending to that department for advertising and exclusives, timed and real.  HW will be the next thing to go.  So, he's throwing any shit at Sony he can, since their gamers are happy and have little interest in an XBO, and it's not working.  And he's throwing love at Nintendo, hoping their fans will choose the XBO over the PS4 as their 2nd console.  Again, not working.

You are once again ignoring that HW isn't the only way Microsoft can make money off the Xbox One. There is live revenue, accessories, software, etc. Hell in their quarterly fiscal release they even said their revenue from gaming is doing really well. Just drop this nonsense, you already proved that you don't like Microsoft or Xbox for some reason.

Proud to be a Californian.

LivingMetal said:
3sexty said:

haha yeh it becomes blatantly obvious when the typical same few on this site are quick to pounce on positive Nintendo and XBOX threads. They must be so nervious about this kind of thing or suffer some form of anxiety whenever the news here detracts from their warm 'Sony awsomeness' threads. It's so funny to read actually. I think they need a hug..

Wrong. Phil Spencer has said some pretty bullshit things. You know it and everyone knows it so when he says something like this, is like the boy who cried wolf in best case scenario. It's hard not to associate his comments with idiocy since most of his comments are idiocy. Maybe you be insecure since the Xbox One was a big joke since day one. Go hug your Xbox One.

You say Phil keeps saying bullshit things but did you heard the reason why Sony won't allow cross play for Minecraft? Their reason is so LOL worthy that it even if Phil's comments are PR BS(which is not) Sony deserves to be called out even more because of that statement. You know what's actually a big joke? People actually defend Sony for this. If there are people who needs a hug it is people like you who are getting screwed over from them.

Proud to be a Californian.

Well all 3rd party games have trophies and achievements... so they don't really need MS for that... and Nintendo is quite competent to create the system if they wanted.

Will MS release their exclusives on Switch? Or they want Nintendo games on Xbox?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Turkish said:

The strongest relationships.

Nintendo: hot nerdy, busty chick, Sony's ex gf.

Microsoft: nerdy shy guy, despite looking nerdy isn't all that intelligent and flunks school, is mad in love with Nintendo but the love isn't reciprocal

Sony: athletic guy with a IQ of 140, studies nuclear physics while also preparing for the Olympics, can get any chick he wants but refuses them

*based on platform popularity and exclusive output

The hell am I reading? Nintendo has been known to send props XBox's way.