By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Not Bringing Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX To The US

Nuvendil said:
vivster said:

So you're admitting that your view is extremely one sided? That's good because admitting is the first step to recovery.

I would also like to throw in the suggestion that maybe Nintendo fucked over Nintendo fans. Imagine if the Switch was a PS4 clone, then a port wouldn't even be a question.

Do I need to enumerate all the ways Monster Hunter isn't taking advantage of the PS4 and Xbone?  A port would bot be hard.  Shoot, may even be piss easy.  The game is aesthetically pretty, but technically demanding?  Not even remotely so.

I guess that's why it was so easy for Capcom to port it to Switch. Oh wait. They just didn't port it to Switch because they're mean and they hate Nintendo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

this is just so bad... Not a single more game from Capcom until they come back serious about Nintendo.... with serious games....

Switch!!!

Pinkie_pie said:
Volterra_90 said:
I think that after putting some thought into it I decided not to buy MH:World, in case this is true. You can't betray your fandom in this way and get away with it that easy.

yet you were fine when they betrayed the fans on playstation. monster hunter started on the playstation.

Don't assume I was fine with that, because I wasn't. I get that the main series sold like shit in the PS2, but the Freedom series sold pretty good on the PSP, and I don't know why they stop releasing them. Maybe because the Vita underperformed. But, yeah, that was also a questionable move.

Volterra_90 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

yet you were fine when they betrayed the fans on playstation. monster hunter started on the playstation.

Don't assume I was fine with that, because I wasn't. I get that the main series sold like shit in the PS2, but the Freedom series sold pretty good on the PSP, and I don't know why they stop releasing them. Maybe because the Vita underperformed. But, yeah, that was also a questionable move.

i was assuming you were fine with it because you were still buying monster hunter games on nintendo systems when they betrayed the fans on playstation but now you wouldnt buy monster hunter world because they betraying the nintendo fans

Pinkie_pie said:
Volterra_90 said:

i was assuming you were fine with it because you were still buying monster hunter games on nintendo systems when they betrayed the fans on playstation but now you wouldnt buy monster hunter world because they betraying the nintendo fans

Well also a big factor that it's just not releasing on a handheld system of any kind, which is were basically most of the entire fanbase plays on. 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Volterra_90 said:

I wasn't a fan of the saga when it released on Sony systems (my first one was 3 on the WiiU, so...). I guess it didn't affect me, personally. So I didn't care. Though I still it was a shitty move, as I said. Call me selfish if you want lol. Now I'm obviously angry about that, because I was planning on buying XX day one, since I haven't played it yet. And if this is true, this is a dickish move. Capcom-style. 

Boberkun said:

Good, Switch deserves it. I'll wait for it's inevitable failure in 2018.

User was moderated for this post 

-Super_Boom

On behalf of... well... everyone:

Good riddance. 

Jranation said:
But we still can get it via the Japan eshop?

Well, my japanese is shit, so...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Jranation said:
But we still can get it via the Japan eshop?

Well, my japanese is shit, so...

I was hoping we can get a Japanese demo, then I will try that out first 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

vivster said:
collint0101 said:

2 wrongs don't make a right. I was like 14 or 15 when mh left Sony for Nintendo and on top of that I had never even heard of the series until I read a Nintendo power preview for tri. It sucks for Sony fans that were attached to the series at that point but I'm focused on what's going on now and as of right now I feel like Capcom fucked over Nintendo fans

So you're admitting that your view is extremely one sided? That's good because admitting is the first step to recovery.

I would also like to throw in the suggestion that maybe Nintendo fucked over Nintendo fans. Imagine if the Switch was a PS4 clone, then a port wouldn't even be a question.

Yeah it's one sided. I'm not saying I approve of Capcom leaving Sony fans like that and I have no problem with the series going back to PlayStation but that's doesn't change the fact that they're treating Nintendo fans like shit now or not even just Nintendo fans but people that prefer portable monster hunter and since I started on the PSP I fall into that group. If the switch flat out​ can't run world the least they could do is localize XX