By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Not Bringing Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX To The US

Kerotan said:
KilleyMc said:

Ha, maybe you could help the site owners on the touchy subject that is where to put the Switch sales in the front page. That console also seems to be a promising seller and it's a shame that it's still not represented.

The Wii U is discontinued and will soon be doing barely any numbers.  3DS still has a while to go.  So might aswell take the Wii U out and put the Switch in. 

Now THAT is some reasoning I can agree with.

Around the Network

are they stupid? welp...this was going to be my chance to seriously get into the series and become a fan. nice going capcom

Love how THIS tweet is what Capcom posts after saying they have no plans for XX:

I mean if that's not contempt, I don't know what is.

Teeqoz said:
It might just be because the Switch version of MHXX is bombing in Japan though...

How can that be when it wasn't even released yet? The game releases in August. Or are you talking about preorders? 

so i still have hope that mh world will have a port for the switch

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Teeqoz said:
It might just be because the Switch version of MHXX is bombing in Japan though...

How can that be when it wasn't even released yet? The game releases in August. Or are you talking about preorders? 

And it's hardly representative of the Switch's potential with MonHun when it is a remaster of an expanded re-release of a 3DS stop-gap entry. 

Haven't gone through this whole post but capcom actually said they don't have any plans to announce at this time. Check their Twitter.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

sc94597 said:
Teeqoz said:

I am of course talking about preorders. You can check them out in the COMG thread. 72 days before launch, the 3DS version (which, mind you, hasn't set the world on fire as far as MonHun games go), had almost 400 points. The Swtich version now has 12 points, also 72 days before launch.

But yes, I could very well be wrong in my assumption about MHXX's performance in Japan, and if it wasn't clear, I wasn't talking about current actual sales performance since the game hasn't yet launched.

Well, that's great, isn't it? According to this forum MH cannot sell anything in the west anyway. Smart move by Capcom.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nintendo fans are acting like they've been betrayed, spare a thought for all the Sony gamers who lost this franchise to Nintendo in the first place.