By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

A7XRayDog247 said:
Not even really bothered by the graphics, I'm still excited to play this after the installment on WiiU.

Yeah Blade X was so good it's hard to imagine this game being bad, it still has a lot of Xenoblade stuff I do like in it. It'll be great spending and 100+hr in the Xeno world, it just comes as a surprise that they took this weird route in character design that while might not be bad, isn't anything interesting either. Just middle of the road bland anime. Monster linking for weapons I'm a bit skepticle about, more people on the battlefield in its mmo style battle system usually means baddies wth inflated hp to even it out. Accessories over armor changing is what the treehouse seems to also hint at, which I hope isn't the case. Time will tell, and thankfully its only a few months away.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
A7XRayDog247 said:
Not even really bothered by the graphics, I'm still excited to play this after the installment on WiiU.

Yeah, it still has a lot of Xenoblade stuff I do like in it. It'll be great spending and 100+hr in the Xeno world, it just comes as a surprise that they took this weird route in character design that while might not be bad, isn't anything interesting either. Just middle of the road bland anime. Monster linking for weapons I'm a bit skepticle about, more people on the battlefield in its mmo style battle system usually means baddies wth inflated hp to even it out. Accessories over armor changing is what the treehouse seems to also hint at, which I hope isn't the case. Time will tell, and thankfully its only a few months away.

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more before they release it, to create an open world RPG in 2 years probably took some sacrifices and I'm guessing one of them was graphics.

A7XRayDog247 said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, it still has a lot of Xenoblade stuff I do like in it. It'll be great spending and 100+hr in the Xeno world, it just comes as a surprise that they took this weird route in character design that while might not be bad, isn't anything interesting either. Just middle of the road bland anime. Monster linking for weapons I'm a bit skepticle about, more people on the battlefield in its mmo style battle system usually means baddies wth inflated hp to even it out. Accessories over armor changing is what the treehouse seems to also hint at, which I hope isn't the case. Time will tell, and thankfully its only a few months away.

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more before they release it, to create an open world RPG in 2 years probably took some sacrifices and I'm guessing one of them was graphics.

edit* My bad, was rushing thought you were talking about X. 

Yeah, in treehouse we got the answer to that. They had to build it on the X engine using X assets. For a "next gen" Xenoblade it's a bit disappointing, but I suspect X-2 is in the works (which is Taka's next main Blade game). This will be a good holdover until I'm gonna guess 2019 or 2020 when they unveil X-2, and be the true next gen blade game we are hoping for. We'll see though. 

Jumpin said:

Just in short, to explain the fan backlash.

This is the art style we want:

This is the art style we got:

I don't understand how you think that Xenogears and Xenosaga is closer to XCX than XC2.

Also that there was more backlash now than there was for XCX. The negative reaction is a very small minority compared to XCX.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Jumpin said:

Just in short, to explain the fan backlash.

This is the art style we want:

This is the art style we got:

I don't understand how you think that Xenogears and Xenosaga is closer to XCX than XC2.

Also that there was more backlash now than there was for XCX. The negative reaction is a very small minority compared to XCX.

XCX character model is hideous

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
A7XRayDog247 said:

Yeah, in treehouse we got the answer to that. They had to build it on the X engine using X assets. For a "next gen" Xenoblade it's a bit disappointing, but I suspect X-2 is in the works (which is Taka's next main Blade game). This will be a good holdover until I'm gonna guess 2019 or 2020 when they unveil X-2, and be the true next gen blade game we are hoping for. We'll see though. 

Well let's be clear, it's been made inalmost 3 years, not two.  Development began in late 2014/start of 2015. 

And really, it's not shocking.  For reference, Fallout 4, a big open world RPG, launched just 2 years after Oblivion.  Bethesda achieved that by using an updated version of the same tool set. 

And they have made some significant upgrades here.  The lighting is improved for sure.  And they have moved from a billboard based grass solution that begaon on the Wii to a more modern polygonal one.  It's not shocking they stuck with the same engine.  If it can be augmented to bring it up to a higher standard, many devs like to stick with the tools they know.  Zelda team did that.  Shoot, Bethesda has used the Gamebryo engine in some form for 5 games now across 3 generations.

IkePoR said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

We're not talking about my wife. You've gone off on this thread with your disapproval that the designers made the female lead a bimbo with big tits. Your attitude that a woman with large breasts is a bimbo is pathetic and sexist.

I called Pyra a bimbo because of her ditzy little run animation and, from what I've seen, she seems brainless.  You're dead wrong on this sexist tangent.

You specifically mentioned having an issue with her having large breasts.  And now you're saying a woman can "walk stupidly"? Wow, you're on a roll with your sexism.

Super_Boom said:
sundin13 said:
I would be surprised if you could customize your characters, but it doesn't really bother me either way. Inventory management just isn't something that I find fun (does anyone actually enjoy inventory management?). While I like making my characters look a certain way, I also think that the costumes in this game look like they've had a lot more work put into making them interesting and fitting.

Inventory management was my least favorite part of the last two games (well other than the creepy black-haired girl in X). I remember in the first game, I would actually plan on spending 5-10 minutes at the beginning of every session just managing everything, just to get it out of the way. I honestly don't find anything fun about it...but maybe some people get into that. *shrug*

The more streamlined the inventory management is, the better for me.

I've been playing XCX lately and I've been ignoring my inventory as much as possible all game. I pretty much never go to any of the shops and I autopilot through my equips. I have hundreds of items that I've never used and I never will use on me at all times and I have millions of credits so theres no point in wasting time selling them. 

These games are just so big that I think they can use a little streamlining in places. I don't see it as a negative to cut back on some features to make a more focused game. Less busywork means more of my time spent is time spent having fun. 

TheLastStarFighter said:
IkePoR said:

I called Pyra a bimbo because of her ditzy little run animation and, from what I've seen, she seems brainless.  You're dead wrong on this sexist tangent.

You specifically mentioned having an issue with her having large breasts.  And now you're saying a woman can "walk stupidly"? Wow, you're on a roll with your sexism.

And you're on a roll with being delusional.  Done replying, cheers.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Nuvendil said:
bigtakilla said:

Well let's be clear, it's been made inalmost 3 years, not two.  Development began in late 2014/start of 2015. 

And really, it's not shocking.  For reference, Fallout 4, a big open world RPG, launched just 2 years after Oblivion.  Bethesda achieved that by using an updated version of the same tool set. 

And they have made some significant upgrades here.  The lighting is improved for sure.  And they have moved from a billboard based grass solution that begaon on the Wii to a more modern polygonal one.  It's not shocking they stuck with the same engine.  If it can be augmented to bring it up to a higher standard, many devs like to stick with the tools they know.  Zelda team did that.  Shoot, Bethesda has used the Gamebryo engine in some form for 5 games now across 3 generations.

But let's be clear there's obviously limitations when using an old engine.