By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So whats with the disapointing E3 press conferences?

Has E3 been disapointing thus far?

Yes. 150 38.46%

No. 40 10.26%

Its been more than disapp... 28 7.18%

MS conference wasn't disappointing. 31 7.95%

Sony's conference wasn't disappointing. 62 15.90%

Bethesda's conference wasn't disappointing. 3 0.77%

Ubisoft's conference wasn't disappointing. 73 18.72%

EA's conference wasn't.... 3 0.77%

Total:390

I mean so far, all the E3 press conferences have been disapointing. We started with EA, which just doesn't even deserve to be mentioned. We had Microsoft, and while they showed games, many were "launch exclusives", and we saw few new AAA games (and the $499 Xbox One X didn't help). I didn't watch Bethesda's or Sony's conference, but from what I have heard, both were also dissapointing with little actual news. So WTF is going on? Will Nintendo be able to save E3, or is this bound to be a bad year in general?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Sony while disappointing was still decent but Microsoft really drop the ball and I wouldn't be surprised if end up in third place by the end of the Xbox One's life thanks to that conference.

3 games I am interested in so far:

1) Mario x Rabbids
2) Spiderfap
3) AoE

Overall... Yea could be better. Hopefully Nintendo won't disappoint

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Oh yea, also Metro!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

just an off year I guess. It's a real bummer actually, this is meant to be our Christmas

Around the Network

Forza Motorsports 7 looks great though plus they are bringing back Mugello Circuit, Suzuka Circuit and Maple Valley hopefully they bring back some of the cars I miss from FM4 also like the DMC Delorean and C9 Sauber.

I've only skimmed, but the announcements themselves have been fine, so I'm not disappointed at all.

I mentioned this in the rating the Sony conference thread, but this is an in-between year for games. There can't always be a whole host of huge exclusive heavy hitters waiting in the wings for E3. Especially after 2015 and 2016, where Sony in particular went all in each time, going so far as announcing The Last of Us 2 as the closer to E3 2016 despite the fact that it was so early development, it didn't even show this year.

Microsoft is making their slow and steady exit from the console market, with the Xbox One X basically being their acting transition from console to PC gaming. The lack of focus of new games really solidified that this year. I wouldn't expect a major E3 from them ever again. They're trying to expand the Games for Windows 10 platform, and the Xbox brand as a console is a stepping stone for making that happen.

EA always has the same things with maybe one or two surprises, while Bethesda still really does not need a big stage for what they have to show. The fact that Skyrim for the Switch got stage time should prove that beyond a doubt. Ubisoft actually did okay this year. No real cringe except for the performance for Just Dance 2018. Even they were pretty dependent on Assassin's Creed to carry the show and filled a lot of show time with fluff talking due to lack of games and trailers.

2018 will be another big year for game announcements as we see what is coming going into 2019 and beyond, but E3 2017 was the result of having blown all the big announcements at E3 2016 for everything to expect going into 2018.

I liked the PSVR games, probably going to buy them all, specially Inpacient, Bravo Team and Skyrim VR,
Loved Days Gone, I think it is my kind of game.
Hated the Uncharted side story and Detroit, not going to touch it.
Did not enjoy God of War, not going to buy it.
Spiderman looks ok. maybe I will buy it.
Overall, it was an ok show for Sony, like 7 out of 10. I am sad to see Uncharted without Drake and do not like the idea of being a Android trying to destroy mankind in Detroit. These games I will never play.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

animegaming said:
Sony while disappointing was still decent but Microsoft really drop the ball and I wouldn't be surprised if end up in third place by the end of the Xbox One's life thanks to that conference.

I don't understand this statement.

Microsoft showed a tonne of games, perhaps more than Sony, and more new exclusives.

There are plenty of reasons MS could wind up third, but that conference certainly wasn't demonstrably worse than Sony's, and I'd argue it was better.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS