By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So whats with the disapointing E3 press conferences?

Has E3 been disapointing thus far?

Yes. 150 38.46%

No. 40 10.26%

Its been more than disapp... 28 7.18%

MS conference wasn't disappointing. 31 7.95%

Sony's conference wasn't disappointing. 62 15.90%

Bethesda's conference wasn't disappointing. 3 0.77%

Ubisoft's conference wasn't disappointing. 73 18.72%

EA's conference wasn't.... 3 0.77%

Total:390

E3 press conferences are only disappointing to those who insist on getting their hopes up for some ridiculous announcements every year. Each of the big 3's conference was exactly what I thought it would be, with EA and Bethesda's being boring as hell featuring mostly stuff we've already seen or knew about.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

On second thought, it's better if people underestimate Nintendo.

There's a greater chance one comes away from a Nintendo showing surprised than disappointed.

I expected Nintendo to show nothing but first party games. They managed to go one step further and only said words and showed a logo for a few of them, so maybe they exceeded my expectations for how hard they would push first party content to try to make the Switch look like it has a lot of games coming. After the strong lack of Switch mentions for just about every third party game mentioned at every other E3 press event, it was hardly unexpected that Nintendo pushed so hard and yet still failed to truly surprise.

NightDragon83 said:
E3 press conferences are only disappointing to those who insist on getting their hopes up for some ridiculous announcements every year. Each of the big 3's conference was exactly what I thought it would be, with EA and Bethesda's being boring as hell featuring mostly stuff we've already seen or knew about.

Yep that is true! There should be a line betwee n a wish and the expectations. 

Pocky Lover Boy!