By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So whats with the disapointing E3 press conferences?

Has E3 been disapointing thus far?

Yes. 150 38.46%

No. 40 10.26%

Its been more than disapp... 28 7.18%

MS conference wasn't disappointing. 31 7.95%

Sony's conference wasn't disappointing. 62 15.90%

Bethesda's conference wasn't disappointing. 3 0.77%

Ubisoft's conference wasn't disappointing. 73 18.72%

EA's conference wasn't.... 3 0.77%

Total:390
bananaking21 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Definitely a disappointing E3 overall, and I don't expect that to change tomorrow since Nintendo is only 25 minutes and focused on 2017 stuff. Ubisoft definitely won though, they had a good conference for a change.

yeah Ubisoft won easily. Sony's was super disapointing. just finished watching it now

where was Red Dead Redemption?

where was TLoU2?

where was Sucker Punches new game? 

RDR - Blame Rockstar
TLOU2 - Early development as of the end of 2016. Six months probably hasn't changed much. Expect maybe a new teaser at PSX 2017.
Sucker Punch - Whatever they're making is so underwraps right now, Wikipedia doesn't even bother showing an unannounced title. Clearly the project is not ready to showcase yet, whatever it may be.

Seriously though, what is with people expecting Sony to be in control of what third parties do and don't have ready (re: RDR)? Getting third party trailers is a collaborative effort largely dependent on the third party. Sony doesn't have much control there.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:
I thought the Microsoft conference was a smash! 42 games shown, not to mention the unveiling on new hardware. Sony's on the other hand......
Mostly VR or multiplats, no VR or PS4 Pro price drop and the best Sony games aren't even coming out in 2017. The Sony/Microsoft war is about to get interesting. Microsoft has a far superior console in the pipeline and FINALLY some games to get excited about.

Mostly VR yes because VR is selling good, mostly multiplats no, (monster hunder, destiny, cod, capcom marvrel,) exclusives,   God of war, detroid, Days gone, Spiderman, Shadows of colosus, (knack 2 GT SPORTS NI NO KUNI 2 was on pre e3 show one hour before 

LuckyTrouble said:
bananaking21 said:

yeah Ubisoft won easily. Sony's was super disapointing. just finished watching it now

where was Red Dead Redemption?

where was TLoU2?

where was Sucker Punches new game? 

RDR - Blame Rockstar
TLOU2 - Early development as of the end of 2016. Six months probably hasn't changed much. Expect maybe a new teaser at PSX 2017.
Sucker Punch - Whatever they're making is so underwraps right now, Wikipedia doesn't even bother showing an unannounced title. Clearly the project is not ready to showcase yet, whatever it may be.

Seriously though, what is with people expecting Sony to be in control of what third parties do and don't have ready (re: RDR)? Getting third party trailers is a collaborative effort largely dependent on the third party. Sony doesn't have much control there.

at the end the show was hugely disappointing. thank god for Ubisoft for having a great show. 

Ubisoft was pretty good, Sony one was alright, Microsofts was bad. Hopefully nintys is good otherwise yes pretty meh

Mbolibombo said:
Ubisoft did better than expected (9/10)
Microsoft did what was expected (7/10)
Ea did what was expected (6/10)
Devolver blew my mind (10/10)
Bethesda did a bit worse than expected (6/10)
Sony did worse than expected (7/10)

What did Devolver show?

Around the Network

IMO people had too high expectations, for instance Sony had great last few E3s and people that this one will also be great.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Mbolibombo said:
Ubisoft did better than expected (9/10)
Microsoft did what was expected (7/10)
Ea did what was expected (6/10)
Devolver blew my mind (10/10)
Bethesda did a bit worse than expected (6/10)
Sony did worse than expected (7/10)

What did Devolver show?

Watch and be positively amazed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs
Warning, may not be entirely safe for work due to language.

I am not disappointed, I knew from the beginning that it would be almost impossible to beat the last few years.

Not interested in much that was shown sadly from anyone. No new Elder Scrolls, no new FF. Nothing new that interests me. Destiny 2 might pip my interest if it has a good story but I'll wait until thoughts and it gets to a decent price.

Hmm, pie.

LuckyTrouble said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

What did Devolver show?

Watch and be positively amazed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs
Warning, may not be entirely safe for work due to language.

They had me at "Tomorrow's unethical bussiness practices today!".