By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So whats with the disapointing E3 press conferences?

Has E3 been disapointing thus far?

Yes. 150 38.46%

No. 40 10.26%

Its been more than disapp... 28 7.18%

MS conference wasn't disappointing. 31 7.95%

Sony's conference wasn't disappointing. 62 15.90%

Bethesda's conference wasn't disappointing. 3 0.77%

Ubisoft's conference wasn't disappointing. 73 18.72%

EA's conference wasn't.... 3 0.77%

Total:390

Just a bit over 11 hours untill Nintendo can save E3 .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Just got done with Sony's. It was different for sure.

And what you mean, the announcer only said "exclusive" when MS showed a game. Jk

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Microsoft was cause they don't really have any killer first party games in development

Sony was cause outside of Sucker Punch we know what all of their first parties are working on or its way early to show or reveal that one's that don't.

HintHRO said:
How can people be satisfied with Sony's press conference? I just woke up and thought the conference hadn't even started yet. There are no new announcements, just a few trailers of games we already know a year about. Where are Death Stranding and The Last of Us 2? Ni no Kuni II gameplay?

It was announced prior to E3 that Death Stranding wouldn't be there this year.
Last of Us 2 was in very early development last E3. I would expect a new trailer probably at PSX.
Ni no Kuni 2 had a new trailer with gameplay in the Media Showcase that took place the entire hour before the official press conference.

Like someone else mentioned, this was actually a pretty standard E3 overall. All because we have inflated expectations from the past two years doesn't mean Sony will consistently be able to put on a show of that caliber. This big games take years to think up and develop. They just were a bit too pre-emptive last year. They probably could have saved The Last of Us 2 for an earthshattering closer this year, since 2016 was already incredibly strong even without it.

So far the only one I have really liked is Ubisoft's.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

CAPCOM and From Software disappointed me the most.
Devil May Cry 5? Resident Evil 2 Remake? Dragon's Dogma 2?
Dark Souls 4? Bloodborne 2? Any news from both companies?

KLAMarine said:
estebxx said:
We had two amazing years one after the other, so i guess it was a matter of time before we got something like this.

What were you hoping for?

More new games from Sony.

Ubisoft is actually going to win E3

So basically Nintendo can 'win' E3 by having 10 minutes of playing Mario Odyssey and teasing a DK or Metroid or Smash. Or even a F-Zero. Fit or Monkeyball game. Hopefully they announce a $399 Switch?Mario/Pro Control bundle for Xmas...and of course build 5 million Switches.

Sony is so far ahead, they're not even trying hard. Exactly what I was afraid of.

At the same time, E3 just isn't the big deal it used to be.