By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusives wise. Can Sony defeat this?

RULES: Only true console exclusive content will be included (even if launched on PC, otherwise this list wouldn't be fair for XBox)

Therefore I'm not including content already confirmed to be released in other consoles after launch AKA "launch exclusives" AKA "Timed Exclusives"

Here is a breakdown of XBox and Windows 10 exclusive content shown in Microsoft's conference 2017:

4 AAA Exclusives
Forza 7 (Premiere)
Stay of Decay (Announced 2016)
Sea of Thieves (Announced 2015)
Crackdown 3 (Announced 2014)

2 AA Exclusives
Super Lucky's Tale (New IP)
Ori 2 (Premiere)
Cup Head (Announced 2015)

Countdown:

1 New IP
1 New AAA Game
1 New AA Game
3 Already announced AAA Games
1 Already announced AA Game
Prior to Sony's E3, what are your predictions, can Sony defeat this?

Around the Network

Bloodborne 2 would top all of that.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Is it *really* exclusive if you can play them without an xbox console, though?.
I mean, you can technically play them on mac via bootcamp..

NATO said:
Is it *really* exclusive if you can play them without an xbox console, though?.
I mean, you can technically play them on mac via bootcamp..

I know, that's why I decided to include also on PC games, otherwise this wouldn't make sense XD

The sad part is, if you look at the 2017 releases for each company, Sony has already beaten it without the conference.

Around the Network
Azuren said:

Not commercially but yes, quality wise.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Azuren said:

Bloodborne did quite well in sales, especially for what was technically a new IP.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Not trying to nitpick, but Super Lucky's Tale isn't a new IP, It's a sequel.

Also, why is it fair to include games also appearing on PC? Let's see

Forza 7 (Also coming to Windows 10)
Stay of Decay (Also coming to Windows 10)
Sea of Thieves (Also coming to Windows 10)
Crackdown 3 (Also coming to Windows 10)
Super Lucky's Tale (Also coming to Windows 10)
Ori 2 (Also coming to Windows 10)
Cup Head (Also coming to Windows 10)

Ohh... that's why you counted Console - PC exclusives. It's literally all you have.

Well... I have both a PS4 and a competent gaming PC (i7 6700K/ 16 GB DDR4-3200/EVGA GTX 1070 FTW), so there's literally no games on your list that I can't get on either of those consoles, meanwhile there's all kinds of games I can only get on PS4. Why on earth would I bother with an Xbox One?

Can Sony defeat this? Yes. God of War. Only available on PS4. Apparently that's all they need.

Azuren said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Bloodborne did quite well in sales, especially for what was technically a new IP.

I suppose this is semantics but imo, if only 1.7 people out of a hundred console owners own a game, said game didn't do so well. I own Blooborne and would recommend it, but when I saw that it only had a 1.7% attach rate, I was shocked. That is really, really bad imo.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Azuren said:

I suppose this is semantics but imo, if only 1.7 people out of a hundred console owners own a game, said game didn't do so well. I own Blooborne and would recommend it, but when I saw that it only had a 1.7% attach rate, I was shocked. That is really, really bad imo.

That is a very artificial way to define success.

Lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000 to make and I get a dollar on each sale.  The game sells to 2% (round up for ease) of the audience (lets call the audience 50 million) so I get to 1 million sold.  I have made 990,000 dollars.

Now lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000,000 dollars.  And now instead of 2% of that same account base I hit 20%.  So 10 million.  I am making that same dollar.  I have now broken even.

Which one did well?