By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusives wise. Can Sony defeat this?

Nothing can top Ori 2 unless its Half Life 3

Around the Network

Bill Cosby's defense just rested it's case after 6 minutes. On topic: Yes. The superiority of the 2017 PS4 exclusive lineup over that of the XBO is undeniable. No philosophy required.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

2 words
Knack 2 BABYYYYYY

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

God of War sure looks beautiful.

potato_hamster said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I am starting to get irritated with its also in PC so it is not exclusive. It's starting to get sad and pathetic. I am sorry for the term. 

Using this card is so low and really irritating. 

People just need to deal with it it's exlcusive to Xbox one.  Same goes for PS4. We can argue about semantics and all but bottom line it will not come to PS4 or Switch. 

OT:

We will find out soon enough. Overall State of decay, Ori and Ashen piqued my interest.  

Yeah, fuck me for thinking the term "exclusive" means "only available to play on this platform" and not "a multi-platform game that isn't available on this other platform". Sorry, but the PC is not only a gaming platform, it's the most popular gaming platform. It counts.

Just look at how many the PS4 and Xbox One would have using this definition because of all of the multi-platform games that aren't available on Wii U/Switch. FIFA 18? Xbox One exclusive, because it's not available on PC! PS4 and Switch be damned, right?

Xbox One/PC games are multi-platform games. PS4/PC games are multi-platform games. That's the way it is.

And I can argue that it is a Console exclusive. See what I did there??

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
potato_hamster said:

Yeah, fuck me for thinking the term "exclusive" means "only available to play on this platform" and not "a multi-platform game that isn't available on this other platform". Sorry, but the PC is not only a gaming platform, it's the most popular gaming platform. It counts.

Just look at how many the PS4 and Xbox One would have using this definition because of all of the multi-platform games that aren't available on Wii U/Switch. FIFA 18? Xbox One exclusive, because it's not available on PC! PS4 and Switch be damned, right?

Xbox One/PC games are multi-platform games. PS4/PC games are multi-platform games. That's the way it is.

And I can argue that it is a Console exclusive. See what I did there??

But "Console Exclusive" is not the same as "Exclusive", is it? You used a subset of the term "exclusive" in a dishonest attempt to win over being correct. Here, I'll do you one better. The PS4 dominates the Xbox One in "Consoles with a '4' in their name exclusives". It's just as valid of a term as "Console Exclusive" in a sense that they're both bullshit made up try to win arguments.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
binary solo said:
I don't expect MS to compete with Sony on exclusives. And it's clear MS is not trying to compete with Sony on exclusives. So why are people making threads asking whether Sony can compete with MS on exclusives?

They've always been trying to compete with Sony on exclusives. They've just never been as good. Traditionally if you make a console the best people to showcase games on it are the first party. Microsoft for three gens has never been good at thisz

And they now recognise this and have stopped trying to do it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Neodegenerate said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I suppose this is semantics but imo, if only 1.7 people out of a hundred console owners own a game, said game didn't do so well. I own Blooborne and would recommend it, but when I saw that it only had a 1.7% attach rate, I was shocked. That is really, really bad imo.

That is a very artificial way to define success.

Lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000 to make and I get a dollar on each sale.  The game sells to 2% (round up for ease) of the audience (lets call the audience 50 million) so I get to 1 million sold.  I have made 990,000 dollars.

Now lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000,000 dollars.  And now instead of 2% of that same account base I hit 20%.  So 10 million.  I am making that same dollar.  I have now broken even.

Which one did well?

I wasn't talking about financial wellness. I was talking about popularity amoungst PS4 owners. I know if I made a game, all that would matter to me as far as money goes is to have enough money to live and to make another game. The true pleasure would be in making people happy and if only 1 out of 100 people bought it, it would really dissapoint me.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Neodegenerate said:

That is a very artificial way to define success.

Lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000 to make and I get a dollar on each sale.  The game sells to 2% (round up for ease) of the audience (lets call the audience 50 million) so I get to 1 million sold.  I have made 990,000 dollars.

Now lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000,000 dollars.  And now instead of 2% of that same account base I hit 20%.  So 10 million.  I am making that same dollar.  I have now broken even.

Which one did well?

I wasn't talking about financial wellness. I was talking about popularity amoungst PS4 owners. I know if I made a game, all that would matter to me as far as money goes is to have enough money to live and to make another game. The true pleasure would be in making people happy and if only 1 out of 100 people bought it, it would really dissapoint me.

You shouldn't feel bad about that. The PS4 library is so vast and varied compared to the competition that it will always be hard to make a huge impact in terms of attachment rate. Also, many people use the console mainly for purposes other than gaming, so there's that too.

These are not exclusives, they are releasing on PC as well. So nope.