By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusives wise. Can Sony defeat this?

NoCtiS_NoX said:
potato_hamster said:

Not trying to nitpick, but Super Lucky's Tale isn't a new IP, It's a sequel.

Also, why is it fair to include games also appearing on PC? Let's see

Forza 7 (Also coming to Windows 10)
Stay of Decay (Also coming to Windows 10)
Sea of Thieves (Also coming to Windows 10)
Crackdown 3 (Also coming to Windows 10)
Super Lucky's Tale (Also coming to Windows 10)
Ori 2 (Also coming to Windows 10)
Cup Head (Also coming to Windows 10)

Ohh... that's why you counted Console - PC exclusives. It's literally all you have.

Well... I have both a PS4 and a competent gaming PC (i7 6700K/ 16 GB DDR4-3200/EVGA GTX 1070 FTW), so there's literally no games on your list that I can't get on either of those consoles, meanwhile there's all kinds of games I can only get on PS4. Why on earth would I bother with an Xbox One?

Can Sony defeat this? Yes. God of War. Only available on PS4. Apparently that's all they need.

I am starting to get irritated with its also in PC so it is not exclusive. It's starting to get sad and pathetic. I am sorry for the term. 

Using this card is so low and really irritating. 

People just need to deal with it it's exlcusive to Xbox one.  Same goes for PS4. We can argue about semantics and all but bottom line it will not come to PS4 or Switch. 

OT:

We will find out soon enough. Overall State of decay, Ori and Ashen piqued my interest.  

Nope. The only relevant question is, do I need to buy an Xbox to play this game. No, I don't because I have a PC. That kind of exclusivity means exactly jack shit. Case closed. Deal with that.

Around the Network

Yes all their games are annual releases but sony can kill them with gow alone

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

AlfredoTurkey said:
Neodegenerate said:

That is a very artificial way to define success.

Lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000 to make and I get a dollar on each sale.  The game sells to 2% (round up for ease) of the audience (lets call the audience 50 million) so I get to 1 million sold.  I have made 990,000 dollars.

Now lets say that I made a game that cost me 10,000,000 dollars.  And now instead of 2% of that same account base I hit 20%.  So 10 million.  I am making that same dollar.  I have now broken even.

Which one did well?

I wasn't talking about financial wellness. I was talking about popularity amoungst PS4 owners. I know if I made a game, all that would matter to me as far as money goes is to have enough money to live and to make another game. The true pleasure would be in making people happy and if only 1 out of 100 people bought it, it would really dissapoint me.

And while that is all great and altruistic, by your original definition the game that sold a 20% attach rate in my example isnt getting you a piece of candy let alone a meal, while the 2% game is letting you fund either 99 more games of the same quality, or buy a house, or some combination of the two.  Attach rate is a remarkably overrated stat, especially when you are talking about a single game IP.

Now, when we see attach rates drop dramatically on sequels, the stat becomes relevant.

You forgot Fable Fortune for the Xbox

Sony Games from the E3

Days Gone (Announced 2016)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (DLC) (Announced 2016)
God of War (Announced 2016)
Spider-Man (Announced 2016)
Horizon Frozen Wilds (DLC) (Announced 2017)
Detroit: Become Human (Announced 2015)
Shadow of the Colossus (Announced 2017)
The Inpatient(VR) (Announced 2017)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR(VR) (Announced 2017)
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy(VR) (Announced 2017)
Superhot VR(VR) (Announced 2017)
Starchild(VR) (Announced 2017)
Bravo Team(VR) (Announced 2017)
Moss(VR) (Announced 2017)
Destiny 2 exclusive content (Announced 2017)
Knack 2 (Announced 2016)
PlayLink (4 PS4/Phone Games: Hidden Agenda, Frantics, SingStar Celebration, and Knowledge is Power) (Announced 2017)

And I'm sure you'll see more at the PlayStation Experience 2017 ^_^
for me Sony win and Microsoft loses with their power -Games

The_BlackHeart__ said:
RULES: Only true console exclusive content will be included (even if launched on PC, otherwise this list wouldn't be fair for XBox)

Therefore I'm not including content already confirmed to be released in other consoles after launch AKA "launch exclusives" AKA "Timed Exclusives"

Here is a breakdown of XBox and Windows 10 exclusive content shown in Microsoft's conference 2017:

4 AAA Exclusives
Forza 7 (Premiere)
Stay of Decay (Announced 2016)
Sea of Thieves (Announced 2015)
Crackdown 3 (Announced 2014)

2 AA Exclusives
Super Lucky's Tale (New IP)
Ori 2 (Premiere)
Cup Head (Announced 2015)

Countdown:

1 New IP
1 New AAA Game
1 New AA Game
3 Already announced AAA Games
1 Already announced AA Game
Prior to Sony's E3, what are your predictions, can Sony defeat this?

You have a bunch of those games mislabeled.

State of Decay, andCrackdown 3 are definitely not AAA games. They obvioulsy are not having anything like AAA money put into them and on a technical level simply aren't up to snuff with modern AAA games.

Ori and Cuphead are both indie games, and Super Lucky's Tale is a sequel to  a game that came out last year for the Rift.

As for if Sony topped it? Absolutely.

God of War
Detroit: Become Human
Spider-Man
Uncharted LL
Shadow Of the Colussus
The Inpatient
Bravo Team
Moss
Star Child

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They've always been trying to compete with Sony on exclusives. They've just never been as good. Traditionally if you make a console the best people to showcase games on it are the first party. Microsoft for three gens has never been good at thisz

And they now recognise this and have stopped trying to do it.

No they haven't. Gamespot questioned Microsofts use of the word exclusive for the 22 exclusives and even Phil admitted the first party is a major part of the picture that Microsoft needs to work on.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
binary solo said:

And they now recognise this and have stopped trying to do it.

No they haven't. Gamespot questioned Microsofts use of the word exclusive for the 22 exclusives and even Phil admitted the first party is a major part of the picture that Microsoft needs to work on.

Nothing but PR speak, what exactly shown at the last 2 E3'S has gave any hint they're putting any effort into exclusives?

Well, to me this is all trash. I have no faith whatsoever in this incarnation of RARE and Forza is not my kind of game. All the rest... Well, nothing to write home about.
In other hand, DAYS GONE seems to be the kind of game a lot of people will fall in love for, just like Horizon Zero Dawn was.
I will give you this: Sony lost me with the Uncharted minus Drake game and the ridiculous Destroy-Mankind game Detroit.
As a long time fan of Quantic Dream, I must say they lost their mind. Detroit is a TERRIBLE idea.
But still, MS is doing a lousy job exclusive wise.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.