By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX be poppin son.

TallSilhouette said:
Snoopy said:

Crackdown will probably be the oh shit moment

Why's that? It's already been shown multiple times and hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Please don't say because of Scorpio...

Because Jez and Rand al thor has insider information that this game was made to be the Scorpio killer App and it plays amazing.

Around the Network

That hype

Can't wait to see the new games Microsoft has up their sleeves.

Crackdown, yet another Forza and state of decay don't scream seller software line up. Especially when they've had nothing of note so far this year. (halo wars 2 sold very little).

The fact they've a big hardware revision and the fact 2017 software seems so week, leads me to believe they've 1 or 2 big holiday exclusives to announce. Because they need it.

Ka-pi96 said:
WTF does "poppin" mean? Is it like KFC popcorn chicken? How is the Xbox like that?

Exclusive KFC marketing deal confirmed? 

Around the Network

I sure hope Microsoft has something up their sleeves, especially some heavy hitter exclusives. That way all that stuff about sales would finally get interesting again, especially with the Switch hype going on right now.

I'll personally get a Scorpio anyway. But without a whole bunch of new game announcements I don't see Xbox setting the world on fire. Sony is just too goddamn strong for it to be defeated just with Teraflops.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

For me the Scorpio is a must-have because I want to cross play games on my pc which I purchased trough the windows store and I have night-shifts and my pc is to big to take with me and I don't want to purchase games twice on ps4.

Also I have a 4k television and I want to start my UHD collection. So even if they announced no games I would get it at launch for sure.

But Microsoft has been aggressive this week, sending lollipops with scorpions inside to media outlets, sharing their improvements of the RAM optimizations just before E3 and even a gears of war huge update before E3 gives me a lot of confidence they have some things to show

The show is also going to be longer ánd we know DF already gave all the insides on the specifications so this gives us reason to believe that extra time won't be spend on the console, add the smaller room and the fact they said they won't focus on VR and we potentially have a very exciting show.

I am still skeptical and don't expect Microsoft to outdo Sony on the games showing but if there was ever going to be an unexpected upset I feel like it could be this year. We will know very soon.

Anyway on the hardware front Microsoft is killing it their slim and mid cycle upgrade are better then sony's offerings in my personal opinion and thats a big step up from the 2013 disaster when the PS4 was pretty much on top on every department.

Good times to be a console-lover.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I agree Xbox s will be have the best E3 this year There is no way to sell it more than 399 they dont make the same mistake and that will be the key. Plus if they manage to show some 3d party games that is runnig better so it will be epic win. Also a lot of 3d develpers is sillence about scorpio remember when pro rumors starts some of them complain, i belive this time has accept that in the middle of this gen has more power to create game and that will be one big suprise this year e3.

Not to be a downer but we've known most of those games you listed for years. Forza is yearly anyway so that's not a surprise. Sure the graphics will look a little better but PS4 still has most of the exclusives or exclusive marketing for all the big games this year.

I'm hoping the rumor about a new splinter cell is true though. Xbox desperately needs something like that. Plus I loved pandora tomorrow and chaos theory on the original Xbox. Great games and great graphics.

MS only needs to keep it's base somewhat happy so it will likely do well in that regard. We'll see how it plays out with E3 overall, though.