By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX be poppin son.

Tulipanzo said:
Closing studios, cancelling games, pissing off developer goodwill, I'm sure they are just ready to POP!

Sony has closed Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge, SCE Studio Liverpool, Bigbig Studios and Zipper Interactive in the past few years.

Around the Network
SuperBott said:
Tulipanzo said:
Closing studios, cancelling games, pissing off developer goodwill, I'm sure they are just ready to POP!

Sony has closed Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge, SCE Studio Liverpool, Bigbig Studios and Zipper Interactive in the past few years.

And yet they still manage to have robust and respected first party studio offerings.  That is the key difference.

I expect more than half of it to be about system specs and features and less than half of it on games. Yawn.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Super excited!

Between what I know is coming and superior multi-platforms I'll be snagged her day one (barring a crazy $600+ price point).

My PS4 Pro already powers Sony exclusives so I'll be set for the remainder of the gen.

Still need to snag a Switch as soon as I can find one and offload my Wii-U for a decent price.

Halo 4k is going to the highlight! And 4k versions of everything else!!!!
Plus a 399 price! And 4k upscaling for other X11 games!!!!

mM
Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
SuperBott said:

And yet they still manage to have robust and respected first party studio offerings.  That is the key difference.

Beat me to it, but yeah. Essentially while managing multiple studios it's inevitable that some will be closed, either because of reshuffling, disappointing sales, redundancies etc.

However to close a studio of the level of Lionhead, which has been more historically relevant to the industry than any that Sony closed, after trying, and failing, to turn Fable into a game as a live-service, is quite disheartening. 

Xbox had better performance/graphics sine it is existing it took a brake during the last 3 years but sonys dream about to get the strongest hardware will end in oct/ Nov then the King of Hardware will be back and thats microsoft with their great Console!

Jigsawx1 said:

Xbox had better performance/graphics sine it is existing it took a brake during the last 3 years but sonys dream about to get the strongest hardware will end in oct/ Nov then the King of Hardware will be back and thats microsoft with their great Console!

U OK hun?

Only Crackdown 3 has reasonable hype behind it. State of Decay 2 is cool but it's not a giant system seller or even that relevant (much like cuphead) and forza 7 is very much expected.

I am interested in the Scorpio and what it will bring. Could be a knock out if the price is right but him calling it a premium hardware makes me think $500+

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Jigsawx1 said:

"/" is not a puncuation mark.